Home

Monday Morning Other Stuff (7-7-08)

This is a discussion on Monday Morning Other Stuff (7-7-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Monday Morning Other Stuff (7-7-08)

Like the links? Tell us about it...Wifee finally got the car she was looking for. Got a great deal on an 05 Acura TL w/ only 9,000 miles on it. That is crazy. Anyways, she's happy, so I'm happy.

Nat was in the pool most of Sunday, as her cousin had a pool party. She is starting to swim and it just looks funny. Doggy paddle is her thing, but whatever works, at least she isn't scared of the water anymore.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How was your weekend?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Rick Hodge (43), fightn hokie (36), macho9714 (34), mac76 (32), uncguy (26)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #2

in mid air's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Monday Morning Other Stuff (7-7-08)

HAHA 1st post!! My life IS COMPLETE!! JK LOL

QOTD: My weekend was good. We let off a ton of fireworks and they were awsome

Gonna go download the Halo 3 map now.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Oh yea, forgot about the fireworks. Me and Nat caught a triple A game and saw the fireworks at the end of the game. 20 minutes of it, pretty damn cool, she loved it, although she was holding her ears the entire time.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Whats up? Sad to be back at work after a pretty good weekend.

QOTD: Did the traditional 4th of July stuff, BBQ, fireworks, beer, pool etc. Saturday went out for brothers bday. Sunday worked around house, fixed up man room, installed some speakers.

Links: 2.41 better work a bit more efficiently than 2.40. Wont touch Halo 3, lost interest midway through Halo 2. Those superhero movies are bad, but what makes me hate the industry a bit more, is all of those terrible ideas wouldve made money bc we pay to see anything.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD:
Our weekend was alright. Friday was pretty low key, we were quite inebriated throughout the day and visited a friend that night. Saturday was the fireworks and a family party. The party was fun, other than my Mother-in-law having us show up 2 hours early. The fireworks were good, the weather sucked to there wasn't a huge crowd (even better!). Sunday was another family party which wasn't too great at all.

Oh well, back to looking for a job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Haven't had any problems at all with 2.40...4 days I get the new iPhone, I'm gonna be at there local AT&T store at 6 am. Congrats on getting the TL, I love that car.

QOTD: My weekend was great, got to hang out a lot with my best friend with high school..Keep his family in your prayers, he just found out his grandfather has brain cancer. If they decide to do chemo, he could die from it and if they don't, he has 4-6 weeks to live from when it started and they aren't sure when it started.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

QOTD: My weekend was pretty good. I go back home to Pensacola every year for the 4th, so it was good seeing my mom and brother. We spent a lot of time out at the beach because my wife had a photoshoot down there while we were visiting. It was real nice weather for the most part. We watched the big firework show in the bay Friday night and saw Hancock on Saturday night, I enjoyed both a lot. It was definitely a fun weekend.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Congrats on selling the car!

QOTD:

Thursday I went to Famous Dave's with the gal for dinner and a few beers and then watched the Cubs get pounded. Stayed up late playing NCAA 08 pumped for NCAA 09 to come out.

Friday my girlfriend and I went to a 4th party outside Prophetstown, Illinois (about 45 miles from here). On the way there we bought some awesome custom Cubs cornhole boards (bean bag toss) that we had a guy make for us. Got to the party a little after 1:30pm. Tons of food and beer and saw some awesome fireworks that their neighbor puts on. The guy spends around $8,000 each year on them and does a better job than most towns. I watched it on a deck at the end of of a in-ground pool with a full cooler of beer and some friends.

Saturday we had planned on going to a friends place back here, but my girlfriend had some stomach issues all day so we stayed home. I got to watch the worst Cubs game of the season that had me pretty mad for about an hour. My gal would have been also but she was laying in bed.

Sunday my girlfriend felt better and we watched The Invasion on Blu Ray (thank you Netflex). Pretty good movie.

Other than my girlfriend getting sick, it was a pretty good weekend with awesome weather.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »