Home

Up and Coming Programs in NCAA Football 09

This is a discussion on Up and Coming Programs in NCAA Football 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Up and Coming Programs in NCAA Football 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Colorado isn't a bad choice. For the purposes of this article I was talking about schools you could take in year one and realistically have a shot to win 10-12 games right off the bat with a team that usually isn't considered a contender. I think both Colorado and UNC (mentioned earlier) are programs on the rise, but neither team is loaded with enough talent to win 10-12 games this year.

This is true. It would probably take a miracle to see Colorado win 10-12 games considering their youth and strength of schedule,which is insane.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
what about Michigan State? they seem like a decent team to start a dynasty with...
Old 07-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #19
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggypablo7
what about Michigan State? they seem like a decent team to start a dynasty with...
Again, this column takes into account the fact you could realistically take over a program and win 10-12 games in the first year. With Michigan State, you have a team that is returning just 11 starters from a team that went 7-6 last year. I would bet MSU is a lower-half Big 10 team this year, the lack of experience could really hurt them and will definitely hurt them in NCAA. They aren't a bad team to start a dynasty with (really what team is?), but they aren't a team you should be able to take to a National Championship in a year or two if you are playing on the right level with the right settings.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I think I have narrowed it down to Clemson or Georgia Tech myself. Not sure which of the two I want to do yet.
normally i would say go with tech but since the new uniforms didn't make it in the game i would go with big orange

Currently playing
: Call of Duty: World at War, Left 4 Dead, NCAA Football 09, NHL 2K9
Old 07-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
This is true. It would probably take a miracle to see Colorado win 10-12 games considering their youth and strength of schedule,which is insane.
Yeah, Colorado has four extremely tough games in a row (WVU, FSU, UT and KU). I honestly would not be suprised to see CU win a couple of those though. The home field advantage in Boulder is bigger than what it should be due to the altitude. You saw the Altitude take over last year during the CU/OU game and CU capitalized and took the win. If I were WVU, I'd be extremely scared of the game in Boulder. And in NCAA, that's a tough 4 game stretch, especially for an NCAA 09 newcomer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #22
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemarlin
normally i would say go with tech but since the new uniforms didn't make it in the game i would go with big orange
Not a bad suggestion. My big deal with the choice is I have traditionally taken over teams with new coaches, but I really would like to try to take a stab at the top of the football world. It will be a tough decision for me, but I have never played a dynasty in the ACC so it'll be new territory either way for me
Old 07-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
Arizona State: Dennis Erickson touches gold wherever he goes at the college level, and he knows how to recruit speed and aggression.
Ask Miami, WSU, Idaho (x2), and Oregon State what they think of Dennis Erickson. The following coach at each school had to clean up a giant mess Erickson left (he's a lot like Neuheisal, but worse). Arizona State will be getting theirs soon enough now that graduation rates affect scholarships.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
FYI, Chase Daniel should be fairly easy to replace in the game. There's a true freshman qb that comes in at 84 on the roster. I assume it's Blaine Gabbert, the #1 pro-style quarterback of the 08 class according to Rivals.

He should be around 87-88 by the time Daniel leaves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »