Home

Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Ok, I just had to reply to this. Being a Giants fan you of all people should know how tough it is to win a game vs the Cowboys. The NFC East the most competitive division in football, it has one of the richest histories in terms of playoff appearences and super bowl wins in the entire NFL, and last year three teams from that divison went to the playoffs (two of them went deep).

The raining super bowl champion resides in that division, and they beat the unbeatable all world, all everything NE Patriots in a thriller to do it. I am very proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan, I love what my team stands for. I love competing with the best the NFL has to offer twice a year, every year. And I can't stand it when other fans in our division let outsiders talk down about it.

The Cowboys brought 5, count them...5 super bowls to the East. No team in the NFL has more, Steelers have just as many, but not more.

I love the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles, I love the Redskins, & I love the Giants. And above all, most I love my Dallas Cowboys.

The NFC East: Welcome To The Pride!
So having a 1st round bye and losing your only playoff game is now considered going "deep" in the playoffs?

Sweet, as a Charger fan it was nice to see them go "deep" into the playoffs in 2006.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: Madden Monday: 2008 Season Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycraze
Sounds about right. If Hester can't return kicks, the defense will have to score all the points every week.
Yeah cause the offense and special teams are incapable of scoring...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

So the simulation system sucks once again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Yeah cause the offense and special teams are incapable of scoring...
Of course it might turn out differently but at the moment things look pretty ominous for the Bears. With Orton or Grossman under center and a talented but untested rookie at running back (not to mention the dreadful Marty Booker as one of your starting wideouts), you guys could be in for a real tough season. 1-15 might be pushing it, but 4-12 wouldn't be beyond the realms of feasibility.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm going to laugh at you guys when half of this stuff comes close to happening.

You guys are assuming just because the Giants won the Superbowl, they'll be good again. Have any of you payed any attention to the NFL lately? With the exception of the Colts and Patriots, no team is a safe bet anymore. Period.

I think this is the BEST example of the sim engine we've seen so far. The first time we've seen big numbers out of Manning and Brady, proving 40+ TD seasons ARE possible (every previous season I've seen simulated, the league was lead at something like 28 touchdowns).

Certain teams having rough years does not tell me the sim engine sucks. Precisely the opposite... it means teams can go out and lay a stinker no matter how stacked they are. Just like real life.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
So having a 1st round bye and losing your only playoff game is now considered going "deep" in the playoffs?
That's what I was thinking too. Only the Giants went deep. The others didn't even win a game.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #15
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I take offense at the Jaguars' record, but that's to be assumed.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #16
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Of course it might turn out differently but at the moment things look pretty ominous for the Bears. With Orton or Grossman under center and a talented but untested rookie at running back (not to mention the dreadful Marty Booker as one of your starting wideouts), you guys could be in for a real tough season. 1-15 might be pushing it, but 4-12 wouldn't be beyond the realms of feasibility.
You do realize Grossman was under center when they went to the Superbowl correct?

Are people seriously doubting what the Bears defense can do at full strength?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »