Home

EA Celebrates 20 Years of Madden Music with Announcement of Madden NFL 09 Soundtrack

This is a discussion on EA Celebrates 20 Years of Madden Music with Announcement of Madden NFL 09 Soundtrack within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Celebrates 20 Years of Madden Music with Announcement of Madden NFL 09 Soundtrack

EA CELEBRATES 20 YEARS OF MADDEN MUSIC WITH
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE MADDEN NFL 09 SOUNDTRACK

One of the Most Influential Soundtracks in
Videogame History Returns with Major Events,
Tracks from Busta Rhymes featuring Linkin Park,
Disturbed and The Offspring

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – July 8, 2008 Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: ERTS) today unveiled the music track listing for Madden NFL 09, set to release August 12, 2008. The new soundtrack features 26 songs from a multi-genre roster of superstar acts and soon-to-breakthrough artists, including Franz Ferdinand, Good Charlotte, Airbourne, From First To Last, The All-American Rejects, Rev Theory, K’Naan, and Kidz In The Hall. Madden NFL, the biggest-selling sports franchise in videogame history, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year with a full slate of live music events, tributes and television appearances leading up the game’s street date.

“Madden NFL is the foundation of what we do and sets the standard for every soundtrack we create,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “Madden NFL revolutionized the industry by making music of multiple genres – from both established acts and brand-new artists – an essential emotional component of the videogame experience and the NFL season itself. This 20th Anniversary Edition soundtrack celebrates that legacy like never before, complete with marketing events that take the excitement to a whole new level. Not only have we changed the gaming culture forever, we continue to move the needle musically for millions of people around the world. Madden NFL will always be recognized as the game that made the music matter in videogames.”

The highlights of the Madden NFL 09 soundtrack include genre-bending collaborations by Busta Rhymes featuring Linkin Park and Young Dre, The Truth featuring Good Charlotte, as well as returning Madden NFL hit makers Franz Ferdinand, Gym Class Heroes (both with pre-album prerelease tracks), All American Rejects, Shinedown, Senses Fail, Disturbed, The Offspring and Airbourne. The soundtrack’s trend of introducing emerging artists continues with 12 new acts that include The Fashion, Kardinal Offishall featuring Lindo P, In Flames, Innerpartysystem, Hollywood Undead, Mindless Self Indulgence, Izza Kizza, Trivium, Kovas and Tyga.

Cross-promotional events leading up to the game’s release include a series of :60 viral videos for tracks featured in the game, a special Madden Music Anniversary tribute issue of Billboard on newsstands July 13th, as well as other marketing partnerships to be announced in the near future. Beginning the week of August 4th, a different Madden NFL 09 soundtrack artist will perform live each night on a popular late night show.

Over the past decade, the Madden NFL soundtrack has launched premier artists that include Good Charlotte, OK GO, Fallout Boy, Franz Ferdinand, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, Jet, Ozomatli and 30 Seconds To Mars, and featured such superstars as Green Day, Outkast, Foo Fighters, blink-182, Bon Jovi, Ozzy Osbourne, The Hives, Timbaland featuring Justin Timberlake and Sum 41.

The complete in-game soundtrack for Madden NFL 09 features the following 26 songs:

ARTIST: SONG
Airbourne: Stand Up For Rock ‘N Roll
Busta Rhymes feat. Linkin Park: We Made It
Disturbed: Inside The Fire
Franz Ferdinand: Lucid Dreams
From First To Last: Worlds Away
Gym Class Heroes: I’m Home
Hollywood Undead: Undead
In Flames: The Mirror’s Truth
Innerpartysystem: Don’t Stop
Izza Kizza: Millionaire
K’NAAN: ABC’s
Kardinal Offishall feat. Lindo P: Burnt
Kidz In The Hall: Blackout
KOVAS: Wax On, Wax Off
Mindless Self Indulgence: Never Wanted To Dance
Rev Theory: Hey Yeah
Senses Fail: Wolves At The Door
Shinedown: Devour
The All-American Rejects: The Real World (Demo)
The Fashion: Like Knives
The Offspring: Hammerhead
Trivium: Into The Mouth Of…We March
Tyga: Diamond Life
Underoath: Desperate Times, Desperate Measures
Wale feat. Southeast Slim: Breakdown
Young Dre The Truth feat. Good Charlotte: Workin’

Music from the Madden NFL 09 soundtrack is available on EA’s music website at www.ea.com/eatrax.
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA Celebrates 20 Years of Madden Music with Announcement of the Madden NFL 09 Sou

That looks like a good list. I usually don't mind the music in Madden. At least most of the songs anyway.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Celebrates 20 Years of Madden Music with Announcement of Madden NFL 09 Soundtr

I turn everything off but the NFL Films music.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: EA Celebrates 20 Years of Madden Music with Announcement of Madden NFL 09 Soundtr

What???? Why no Luther Vandross or Anita Baker??? C'mon!!!!

What about the fans,..that like baby making music?

Last edited by swill43507; 07-08-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
Co-sign. Nothing gets me pumped for football like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 25
Yea, listen to the NFL Films music or my own. EA needs to quit wasting time and money with these subpar to awful music soundtracks.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
Me too
Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
How about some music from 20 years ago?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »