Home

EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

This is a discussion on EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
For God Sake will they please take MASCOT GAMES off the games who cares if the UGA can play football againts BEVO.I know that space could be used for some extra REAL football features!!!!
except mascot games take up 0 space and took basically 0 time to complete. so i fail to see how it would help if it gets taken off.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

How 'bout - "stop changing the player models and lighting effects and give us more features!"
Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm all for making gameplay as good as possible and implementing new features or ones that are just missing from older games. However I still think EA should also concentrate on the atmosphere too. I want to see team entrances instead of a few cheerleaders here and there.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 17
I feel for you if you really thought ea would put much effort in improving gameplay and AI. Our love for football has made fools out of those of us wanting a better playing game ea is all about gimmicks and hype. My brother has worked there for years but will remain nameless for obvious reasons.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I feel for you if you really thought ea would put much effort in improving gameplay and AI. Our love for football has made fools out of those of us wanting a better playing game ea is all about gimmicks and hype. My brother has worked there for years but will remain nameless for obvious reasons.
Then ask your brother, and he'll tell you that we have a seperate game team who's job is to improve gameplay and AI. They have totally different staff, management, budget, etc from the team that does the visuals and the atmosphere.

Changing the lighting, for instance, has no effect on AI. None. They are totally different engineering principles and skill sets anyway, so that guy doing rendering wouldn't be the guy you want tuning offensive line play (for instance).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #22
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
How 'bout - "stop changing the player models and lighting effects and give us more features!
Soon as they do that everybody and their momma will be complaining that the player models and lighting doesn't look good.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Then ask your brother, and he'll tell you that we have a seperate game team who's job is to improve gameplay and AI. They have totally different staff, management, budget, etc from the team that does the visuals and the atmosphere.

Changing the lighting, for instance, has no effect on AI. None. They are totally different engineering principles and skill sets anyway, so that guy doing rendering wouldn't be the guy you want tuning offensive line play (for instance).
PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

All I want is to see physics like grand theft auto IV has. I don't know about you but the thing about madden and NCAA that has always made me upset. If you are running with a halfback and see the edge open and burst for it. The outside linebacker steps in to make a hit but is way to your right side and the animation that pops up is you getting drilled backwards. The physics your mind has already calculated happening don't and it thows this big "UHHHHH???????" into your mind completely taking you out of the reality of the game.

In GTAIV it is just as much fun to push someone down the stairs and just watch how the fall, stumble, try to land right, BUT fall on their head as it is to do the missions.

The Physics are so good they are enjoyable on there own. Football titles have lacked the correct physics and that has caused some serious gameplay issues.

For instance, watching MLB THE SHOW and the players use correct form. Postioning their body before the throw. Hearing the announcers talk about how "He was almost out of postion but managed to correct his body and make the throw" type of stuff is just amazing. Seeing real fundamentals put in the game is what we are all after and THE SHOW did it excellent.

Last edited by Phobia; 07-08-2008 at 05:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »