Home

NCAA Football 09: Programs with New Coaches

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Programs with New Coaches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 09: Programs with New Coaches

Thanks to some inspiration by OS member wazzucoug02, Chris Sanner sat down in the virtual war room and broke down all of the programs in FBS (that's the cool kid's new way of saying 1-A) with new coaches. If you want to take over one of these programs, check out what Sanner has to say about how hard it will be to meet expectations at each of these schools in his article, NCAA Football 09: Programs with New Coaches.

Quote:
"The coaching carousel in college football was very active this year with many top jobs opening up after former coaches failed to meet expectations. Some gamers, for the sake of realism, always start off their dynasty with a school that has a greenhorn coach at the helm.

With that in mind, I am going to evaluate each new coaching position in a quick hitting manner to give you a basic overview of what to expect at each new open job as you try to select a dynasty team."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 09: Programs with New Coaches

The link on the front page goes to the ways to play dynasty article. The url needs to be changed from id=584 (the dynasty article) to id=586
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
The link on the front page goes to the ways to play dynasty article. The url needs to be changed from id=584 (the dynasty article) to id=586
Sorry about that! Link is fixed...noticed it rather quickly
Old 07-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
I don't think any Arkansas fan expects our program to be on the same level as LSU currently is on. All we ask for is a consistent top 25 finish, an SEC Title every now and then and maybe a BCS bowl every 4-6 years. Nutt only finished in the top 25 twice in 10 years and never made the BCS or won the SEC. And somehow our fans get painted with the "craxy" brush.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
does anyone believe it would be reasonable to be a seroius title contender by year 3 with illinois?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 36

michigan may not win the big ten this year, but i have a strong feeling we will beat THE Ohio St UNiversity.Rich Rod has one goal, beat ohio st. a lil pay back for terrelle pryor
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Gmac1016's Arena

OVR: 6

at least Ole Miss has Houston Nutt now
Old 07-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum10
does anyone believe it would be reasonable to be a seroius title contender by year 3 with illinois?
Ron Zook is an excellent recruiter, he's proven he can beat his biggest conference rival (in The Shoe I might add) and I do believe he can keep Illinois at least fairly consistently in contention for Big Ten Championships. Given the (IMHO) unimpressive state of the Big Ten, my answer is yes.

EDIT: I think I may have missed the fact you may be referring to yourself as the coach. My answer is still yes given you're able to accomplish the same very things I just outlined.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni

Last edited by VWarrior; 07-10-2008 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »