Home

Five Madden Features We Miss (IGN)

This is a discussion on Five Madden Features We Miss (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
Rookie

Axeler's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Five Madden Features We Miss (IGN)

Actually, In-game cuts does sound like a really good idea. I always loved the weekly wrap-up in 2k5 and hoping madden would implement it sometime. It's one of the presentation features I never skip, because it adds so much flavor to the franchise. Getting an update on how teams are doing, star player injuries and key plays at half-time would really help the immersion. It would make you feel more like you are part of a league, not just an individual team doing your thing.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

I miss those game breaks. It was an idea that was ahead of its time. Seems like it would fit more now than then... I wish they were still in...I dont want an ambulance necessarily, but Id like to see a copy of the 2K5 injury cutscenes at least. The instant injury updates just dont hit the spot. Its like, how do they know my arm is broken in five places when Im all alone on the ground and no one has come over to check me, lol.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I kind of have to agree with you all...this list is pretty weak.

In-game cut-ins is cool...but I mean realistically that hasn't been around for like 10 years. Expansion draft, meh, not an ultra-high priority for me personally given all the other stuff that needs to be added to in Franchise first (and the fact that the NFL won't be expanding for quite some time). Of course I love the ambulance but we all know it's never going to come back and run everyone over...and Pat Summerall??!?!?!

I'd probably put in-game saves, refs, chain gang, accelerated clock, and def assignments over all 5 of theirs.
First off It is amazing to have a response like this from you guys. It is truly a blessing knowing that all of our impressions and thoughts on madden are finally heard. Enough sunshine blowing and down to business. I am speaking for the masses when I say that while it may have been 10 years on the cut-ins, it is a feature of presentation that is sorely missed. Gameplay aside, emersing us in the franchise is something that this does even more than stat overlays. It gives the impression that these other games are going on and could effect the game your currently playing if it is late in the year. It would be cool to emphasize updates from more within your division and teams you are fighting with for the last wild card spot. Not a top 5 but definately a top 10.
Thanks again for all your hard work on the boards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #12
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I too would really really like in game cut-ins of big plays in other games. With Madden's new play calling window thing it could be done in there without interrupting the flow of the game. Especially when you're getting close to the playoffs and something happens with a division rival or competitor for your playoff spot it adds a lot of immersion to the franchise as well as the presentation.

It would be doubly great if it would be part of a studio team that does pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows talking about all the games and showing highlights. Then they could say "Now we'll send you back to Greg Gumbel (or whoever) in the studio for an update in the X vs. Y game" like they do in real life.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I kind of have to agree with you all...this list is pretty weak.

In-game cut-ins is cool...but I mean realistically that hasn't been around for like 10 years. Expansion draft, meh, not an ultra-high priority for me personally given all the other stuff that needs to be added to in Franchise first...
EA has had around 3 years to get basic Franchise/Owner features into Next Gen from Old Gen... Maybe I am wrong...
Old 07-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Yea, the instant injuries need to go. I always prefered having to wait and see what the sideline reporter had to say and then how soon he could return if at all. Now with the instant update, it is much like in baseball.........you don't want to know if it is a homerun until after it is over. You lose the suspense and I prefer the added stress of whether or not it was a season ending injury.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #15
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the things I miss the most are the Tony Bruno show, Madden cards and the old scouting system. I just want Franchise mode to be what it used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I think the things I miss the most are the Tony Bruno show, Madden cards and the old scouting system. I just want Franchise mode to be what it used to.

Wow...Madden Cards?!?!?

Sirens just went off at our studio I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »