Home

OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

This week on OS Fact or Fiction we have three staff members that take a look at several topics about NCAA Football 09. From the toughest job in NCAA Football 09 to Clemson's RB Duo to Online Dynasty, we cover several bases in NCAA. Check out what our staffers had to say and then leave your own comments!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

Very nice read

I agree about Duke not being the worst in the game. I wuld rather play with Duke then even a team like Syracuse. Also the Dynasty I think is going to be huge. So huge that it might make madden have to like at the possibility of online franchise next year.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
"Online dynasties won't be perfect in their inaugural year, but they should do plenty to keep people coming back for more NCAA Football 09."

"It's unrealistic to expect this feature to work perfectly in its first year, but even if it provides the most basic functionality, NCAA buffs will be duking it out online for many months to come."

Just curious other than server/lag issues what potential pitfalls the contributors see as possible stumbling blocks? The writers seem given to the fact that the feature will break in some way. I am hoping that EA tested it and we don't have problems. Just curious if the writers know something I don't?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
"Online dynasties won't be perfect in their inaugural year, but they should do plenty to keep people coming back for more NCAA Football 09."

"It's unrealistic to expect this feature to work perfectly in its first year, but even if it provides the most basic functionality, NCAA buffs will be duking it out online for many months to come."

Just curious other than server/lag issues what potential pitfalls the contributors see as possible stumbling blocks? The writers seem given to the fact that the feature will break in some way. I am hoping that EA tested it and we don't have problems. Just curious if the writers know something I don't?
I think they are speaking from experience from the past few years. There are many indications for reserved excitement:

A)Consistent lag in EA football games since next-gen started. It's gotten better, but if more and more people are going online, there's a chance we could see lag for awhile.

B)The playtesting (or lack thereof) of Madden NFL 08.

C)EA never seems to get a feature right in its first try. It's hard to think of a new feature that was ever a smashing success in its first year.

When you add all of that up, it's definitely best to be reserved rather than expect greatness. History dictates you will be very disappointed. I hope I am wrong
Old 07-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Only time will tell....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

theMUHMEshow's Arena

OVR: 3
MLB the show 08 took a step back? LMFAO... That guy should have just admitted he never touched it...because if that is your thoughts on the game this year... youre a braindead dolt.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7
MLB is what a sports game SHOULD play like. The SHOW gives the player the "little nuiances" that makes a game feel like the real deal. It should be mandatory for the MADDEN and NCAA producers to play this game to see what a real effort in trying to portray a sport is all about.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

Bit surprised about that negative comment regarding The Show. As for being sports game of the year, i'll go ahead and guess no. Even with the patch. Madden seems poised to stand more solid among some of NCAA Football's shortcomings (because of its later release schedule).

I hope The Show is a legitimate contender here, though.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »