Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
I didn't read the review yet, but first thing I'm going to say is that the roster glitch doesn't make the game what it is...second of all...I'm going to say that the defense may be suspect on this game but i had a lot of fun trying to guess where the play was going to go and tayloring my defense to anticipate what was happening...I only had 1 bullcrap interception in my 1st game, no levatating linebackers...a fast WR is going to our run a Slower Linebacker....

but most of all...I had fun, and if all of the dwelling is on the roster glitch then put the game away...hope I didn't piss anyone off.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom36
Really, you should read the impressions thread starting around page 50. You may suddenly become "enlightened" that the game is far better than the reported "bugs." Even people that really hate these bugs (I'm looking at you, AA) still really like the game.
Trust me, i'm looking at alot of impressions, and not just restricted to this site. This would be my first NCAA game, IF I get it. Last year's Madden was my first Madden in a while and it was garbage in my opinion...after all of the hype.

I'm very critical of these games...especially since I paid $400 for the system and have to turn around and pay $60 for the games...i'm not going to accept garbage, sorry.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24
8.5???
You're kidding, right?

I'd say more like 6.1 ... and that may be too generous as well.

It's more than the roster glitch.

CPU never, ever throwing deep, completing 80% of its short passes.

Kick/punt returns

Atrocious defensive AI.

How anyone could - with a straight face - give this game an 8.5 is beyond me ... and a good reason why reviewers are no longer trusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
People want to just rag on the game b/c its easier then just liking the game. The game sounds solid and for me ...All-Pro football wasnt that fun at all....ill pick up ncaa 09 and madden 09 for the 1st time since 05.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #13
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

thanks for the review

do not listen to these newbies coming out of nowhere just to hate on EA.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Great review, thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
do not listen to these newbies coming out of nowhere just to hate on EA.
Poisoning the well won't make valid criticisms disappear.

I am neither a "newbie" nor an EA *****, I am simply a football fan who wants a football game that plays like this:

instead of this:

When EA release a football game that's closer to the former than the latter, I will gladly sing their praises. Until then, NHL 08 remains their only current sports series that's worth saying positive things about.

P.S.

The electric football comparison is probably giving the NCAA team too much credit; those games actually worked like they were supposed to when you opened the box and turned them on.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-15-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 03:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
OK... first off I have a PS3 which is about to take the console Wars by STORM!!!.... but thats neither here or there.. LOL You guys act like you didnt enjoy the Damn demo!!!!... Man I aint gone lie .. I played it atleast 20 times,. and I know Im not the only one... But did we have rosters????... NO!! ..So shut up!! and go Buy it today! LOL ...and all pro football ..you trippin!! ... who plays that!! Now NFL2k5.. Thats the best ever ..but yet again thats neither here ir........ ok you get it!!! Ohh yeah.... madden 2009 had better be a high rating this year..... like always LOL.... im predicting PS3 to have a better rating now that we both got 60FPS yeah thats pretty much all yall had...NCAA 09 too! they better not cheat ethier!! ... if not challenge me PSN: scoobywho2g7

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »