Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:17 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

An 8.5?

A roster bug.
Broken pass rush - confirmed by Ian (EA).
Broken punt/kick return - confirmed by Ian (EA).
Unrealistic QB TD/INT ratios.
Unrealistic QB completion %'s - confirmed by Ian (EA).
Lack of CPU deep ball.
Lack of penalties.

The game is fun, sure. But with all those flaws in the game, how is that an 8.5? Especially when the majority of the problems EA has openly admitted to being problems in the game.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm trying to be realistic. An explanation would be fantastic.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
yeah your right bro PS3 better be fixed!!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
Are OS and IGN somehow related? The beginning of this review sounds just like the one from IGN?? Same score as well...OS - 8.5...IGN - 8.4.

I'll be looking more into this game, see what others say about it...not reviewers either.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #20
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

..BOOOHOO Waaa.... im tired of hearing all of this bull about o no my QB ist Peyton Manning, my QB dosent have a laser rocket arm or this game dosent accurately portray the angle of the throwing arm from the elbo to the rotator cuff of each and every QB in the entire game....the defensive line on every team isnt like Glenn Dorsey was (b4 he got cheap shotted by that scumbag AUB o lineman....)the CPU d-fense dosent react like the 2008 LSU defensive unit..WAAAA ..shove it cry me a river , build a bridge and GET OVER IT!!!..shees quit complaining..90% of these winers and complainers have no idea what it is like to program a game..or even the 1st thing about it....i have the game and these "problems" havent occured yet for me that are supposedly soooo frequent...the game plays better than 2007 or 2008..and im not complaing..are there things i want in the game..sure...would i like to have COMPLETE control of any player i choose w/ out a glitch happening once every 6 hrs.of course..who wouldnt... do i think that EA and NCAA studios in general are getting thrown under the truck as far as money and suppourt are concerned..sure do..but still i mean they have less that 10 months to complete a game and market it to the masses..if you seriously believe even w/ the money and ppl EA has that they are going to sift through each and every code that less than 10% will even notice or care enought about to voice their opinions about ..YOU ARE CCCRRRAAAZZZYY!!!!! im not saying that they dont care..but u gotta be reasonable here even if we dissagree w/ them..THEY ARE STILL HUMAN>> not robots.. humans make mistakes..get on w/ ur life please..i am passionate about my football..ALOT i live it breath it, and play it ..for a career..in college so i believe that im about as comitted to football as u can be @ my age... but i am not going to sit here and bash ppl becasue a very few things arent the way I want them to be .....seriously if some of these ppl on here have nothing to do other than sit here and bash EA and NCAA here is my suggestiuon 2 u..GET A LIFE AND A JOB..plz!!!! society will b better 4 it and so will u ...i kno this thread is to voice ur feelings and thoughts and thats cool but over half the posts in this entire NCAA forum are "i hate EA" based or have some root in that we get it there is a personal vendetta for EA.ok MOVE ON.. i...have been sitting on these boards for about 2 months now..waiting and watching for this game and all of the news surounding it..i am personally impressed over by the game play.and i think this is personally a 60 bucks well spent..the wide open gameplay is great..and u can do stuff in the open field like never b4..i love it.. anyone who is reading this stuff ignore the naysayers and purchase this game u will not b dissapointed...are there faults ..yes but wat game have u played that is PERFECT!!..in every aspect ..i can say that i havent played one..and if u have i wanna kno which one it is...so yeah..thats my piece overal good game i love it and while im @ home i will b playing it ALOT!!!!..

-peace.....

p.s. i hope OS dosent ban this..im just speakin my mind while givin my overal opinion on the game..love u OS..lol
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2
I have a 360, but these are the sports games I play: Madden '06, NCAA 2005, ESPN NFL 2k5, ESPN NHL 2k5, MVP Baseball 2005. All for last-gen Xbox. These games still haven't been topped by the new stuff, and I probably paid a grand total of like 13 bucks for all those games.
Like a previous poster mentioned, the only next-gen game that has been impressive has been NHL '08, but even that pales in comparison to ESPN NHL 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2
FutureVol, you're one of the biggest idiots I've ever come across. Poor little EA doesn't have only 10 months to work on this. They have a full year. Not only that, but this is the 3rd version of this game on next-gen. So they've really had 3 years. Hell, EA has been making football games for like 20 years now, so there's no excuses.
Then you imply that somehow EA is short on money?! Are you freaking kidding me? Nevermind the enormous war chest they have but they've also taken to ruining the game with a bunch of product placement for stuff like Under Armour or Old Spice.
Besides, who says that these games have to be released every single year anyway? Was there a Tecmo Bowl released every single year? Was there a Baseball Stars released every single year? No, and that might be the reason why those games were such classics.
There's no reason why EA couldn't go to a model where they release Madden/NCAA every other year or maybe even every third year, and in the years in between they could release a patch with a roster update or something for like $25.
E
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic5451
Was there a Tecmo Bowl released every single year? Was there a Baseball Stars released every single year? No, and that might be the reason why those games were such classics.

There's no reason why EA couldn't go to a model where they release Madden/NCAA every other year or maybe even every third year, and in the years in between they could release a patch with a roster update or something for like $25.
E
And the reason those games weren't released yearly is because you actually had to put out a quality product to get noticed amongst the crowd of competing products back then.

Here are the number of sports games that were put out on in the (roughly) 5 year run of the SNES:

Quote:
Baseball (49) Basketball (31) Football (20) Golf (25) Ice Hockey (14)
Now here is where we're at in year 3 of the Xbox 360:

Quote:
Two companies account for almost all those games (2K/EA), and of course, those numbers are only going to go down now that 2K sports is left making only three sports games: hockey, pro baseball, and pro basketball.

With no competition, and a fan-base that continually rewards EA by purchasing several million copies per year--including tons of people who willingly purchase what they admit to be a mediocre product--EA has no reason to stop charging people full price for their marginal, yearly updates to what has become a sagging, wrinkly football engine that gets prettied up once a year with little more than some shiny makeup and lip gloss.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-15-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #24
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by erivera7
An 8.5?

A roster bug.
Broken pass rush - confirmed by Ian (EA).
Broken punt/kick return - confirmed by Ian (EA).
Unrealistic QB TD/INT ratios.
Unrealistic QB completion %'s - confirmed by Ian (EA).
Lack of CPU deep ball.
Lack of penalties.

The game is fun, sure. But with all those flaws in the game, how is that an 8.5? Especially when the majority of the problems EA has openly admitted to being problems in the game.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm trying to be realistic. An explanation would be fantastic.
acknowledging that he sees what you are talking about from a film or two is one thing (which he did IMO) CONFIRMING that it's a major bug is another thing (which he did not do IMO)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »