Home

Some Late-Night NCAA Football 09 Thoughts

This is a discussion on Some Late-Night NCAA Football 09 Thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Some Late-Night NCAA Football 09 Thoughts

Wil McCombs checks in this afternoon with a brief article with his impressions on what he experienced with NCAA Football 09 last night after he purchased the game at launch. Check out his article, Some Late-Night NCAA Football 09 Thoughts.

Quote:
"My twenty-seventh birthday began only a few hours ago as I hoped it would: groggily leaving the parking a nearby GameStop with my new copy of NCAA 09. All this after waking up at 4 a.m. in another state the previous morning, then driving/working for over twelve hours. Such is the plight of the working man. I suppose that it’s an example of my commitment, or my insanity, depending on how you look at it."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Beating a dead horse dude
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11
formation audibles are old gen, you should be familiar with the mechanic, every hardcore guy knows you get those specific 4 plays on offfense and 4 on defense. I'll be picking it up today.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
Very Nice Article.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Just because some of us dont like to get bogged down with the minutiae of recruiting, it does not make casual gamers.

Some like to micromanage , some dont. If you get the same or better results delegating responsibilities then, to me, it seems like the smart thing to do. You can then concentrate on other aspects that have not afforded the player with assistance and require more of your time.

Good article though. I agree on the RB button being used as the throw away button. Too many times already I try to hit a back in the flat and just whip it into the stands for a 15 yarder. Learning curve stuff though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
I am a fan of the series, but what I have enjoyed in the past two seasons immensly is online play. Between the lack of defensive AI, and the lack of a pass rush, my first two games online were downright awful experiences. I won both games (or would've won both, but gave one of them a friendly quit at the end because we were both so disgusted with the game, more on that later), so don't call me a sore loser, but there was just such an unrealistic feel to them.

There is no reason to run the ball. Running is harder this year, but more realistic IMO and a good system. But passing is so flipping easy there's never a reason to run the ball. One of the guys I played was a level 26 in last years game that I had played before. I ticked him off by running the exact same play 4 times in a row, always hitting a crossing route or a comeback route.

I gave him a friendly quit at the end of the game and we both commiserated on how terribly unrealistic it played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »