Home

NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers

This is a discussion on NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers

NCAA Football 09 arrived yesterday to a mixed reaction from the community. Matthew DiStaulo checks in today with a look at what the release of NCAA Football should mean to football gamers in his article, NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers.

Quote:
"Time spent with this game will be well rewarded, especially on offense. It just feels right running the ball, waiting for holes to develop, spinning around tackles and trying to break open."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Great article. I find '09 very fulfilling and impressive because nobody's perfect. I was so shocked to get a pass completion overturned because the replay clearly showed my receiver trapping the ball, but I wasn't upset! Rivalry games are very intense, as the fans in Ann Arbor moaned and groaned at my Fighting Irish all game, and the loading times are finally nearly non-existant. BUY THIS GAME!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
"They aren’t incorrect in their observations, especially with regards to computer AI, but I feel their passion may have them missing out on a game where the fun factor far outweighs the issues."

So are you guys saying that we should lower our passion and expectations of a great football game just to enjoy a mediocre game?? How about this...how about EA take some notes from 2K5 if they're tired of hearing critisism. Or try this...start lowering the price of your games, then we can start lowering our expectations.

Maybe if people stopped settling (which would be hard since you have exclusive rights), and stopped buying a subpar game, THEN you'll get the idea...money talks baby, BS walks.

If you don't like what some people think or say about the RECYCLED games EA puts out every year, then hand the exclusive license back over and let 2K Sports back "in the game".

I ain't gonna lower my expectations or passion for a great game of football just because EA is either too lazy, or just not good at making a football sim...sorry, not gonna do it. And how am I missing out on a game that would frustrate me anyway...i'll keep that $60 for another game that I could actually enjoy.

I was thinking about getting the game, but for instance, even in the demo I could tell that QBs would be near perfect...their %s are crazy in this game...that's just one of the many problems.

People are starting to realize that EA is doing nothing with their football games but recycling year after year...can't do it with the basketball titles, you have competition...well, actually, 2K is destroying you there, so it's really not even competition after all. I have a strong feeling 2K would be doing the same to you if they were allowed to make licensed football games.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Well said. Yes, I get mad at bugs/glitches/imperfections just as much as the next guy, but what ultimately drives my decisions of purchase is the fun factor.

Will I have fun with this game, bugs and all? If I can answer yes to that question, then I'll buy the game.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
djwlf - i think that's what matt is saying, and honestly i've been there too. you spend too much time worry about if the pants or other stuff you miss out on what fun the game can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers

Quote:
I could do without the end zone celebration with the mascots,
Not so fast my friend!

Sorry...I had to.

I, for one, love the mascot celebrations. Maybe I'm a sucker for this cheesy effect, but I missed it and hope it doesn't leave.

Now, I'm going to go dance with a badger...
Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers

Great article..and with the endzone celebrations, I think there a nice touch. It's just for teams like OU with no mascot in the game..(we actually have two real pony's and their mascot versions)..it looks weird sometimes, the player just standing in the endzone..staring away..lol.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Its crazy how people want to just pick apart this game.....as if any other game didnt have glitches...if its fun and the bugs dont take over(which they dont) its a good title to have...the dynasty modes are insanely deep!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »