Home

NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers

This is a discussion on NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football is Here, What It Means for Gamers

I don't understand how people are like.... "sure there's alot of glitches and parts of the game that are clearly broken, but there's other parts of the game that are crazy fun so it makes up for it."

I really don't understand this mindset.

It's like saying..... " my girlfriend is always cheating on me and uses me for my money but she's really hot and easy to get along with so it makes up for it."
Old 07-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

^^^^

Ridiculous analogy.

The game is by no means broken. There is a bug for roster editing and depth chart.

It just depends on the type of gamer you are.

Is is more important for ncaa to be 100% right or 90% right and more fun.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #11
Rookie

newper77's Arena

OVR: 2
People that think it is fun to return every kick to the 40 yard line and people who think it is fun to run past a safety who is literally standing still and people who think it is fun to watch a QB run an option through the side of the pocket, lateral to a RB who runs parallel to the line of scrimmage to go out of bounds for a 3 yard loss are not people who have the same fun that I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Bottom line, the game is fun! Yes the glitches are annoying but they don't happen all the time.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Old - I think that's a little over the top.

I would instead compare it more to a movie. There are some movies out there that are a little crazy, a little over the top, sometimes a bit too silly and yet incredibly entertaining despite their flaws.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
^^^^

Ridiculous analogy.

The game is by no means broken. There is a bug for roster editing and depth chart.

It just depends on the type of gamer you are.

Is is more important for ncaa to be 100% right or 90% right and more fun.
Actually his analogy is dead on. We all know that hot girlfriends get away with things that not-so-hot girlfriends get away with. And there are alot of guys in this forum that look at EA and any NCAA football title as THE hot girlfriend.

I don't think any of us are saying 09 isn't fun....but is it worth the $60 purchase (all things considered)? We are all fans of NCAA and that's why we play this game every year. And having such a glaring bug that requires and immediate patch is a huge issue. Just like a hot girlfriend that cheats on your after you haven't even been together for more than a week should be a huge issue.

But, alot of you turn your heads and ignore what is really happening here. I can deal with small glitches that can be tweaked with sliders...but wait, those don't quite work either. I don't see how some of you can tolerate things that worked in the PS2/Xbox versions and either are now glitchy or missing altogether....and then say this is the best game ever. Really? Ever? But, I digress...
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #15
Rookie

i love when my db jumps a route to pick the ball off but somehow the wr has an invisible orb around him that forces the db around his invisible orb while the wr catches the ball, and since my db did the right thing by being in position to pick the ball off, the wr is free to take it the other way for six because of his orb animation that pushed my db away from the play. EA football games have the same glitches every freaking year and it sickens me people buy it and support them, its the same game every year. 2k puts out a half-assed game and the gameplay was worlds better than EA has offered this generation. Football is dead on consoles and it sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
Rookie

When EA figures out how to include the last gen features that were in NCAA07 (DII schools, create school, pregame animations and player celebrations) into their new game I might consider buying it. Until then I will save myself $60 and stay with NCAA 07 on the last gen systems. I have several dynasties created and it still plays an incredible game of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »