Home

Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Someone said that Grossman's bad play in snow is an excuse for Bears fans when the Packers beat op on the Bears. That doesnt make much sense because the Bears are 7-1 aqainst the Packers in the last four seasons.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #18
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 09 E3 2008 Stage Show Demo Video (Gamespot)

I think I will be getting this game now. The flash bulbs do look overdone, but it only seems that way on the kick-offs. I will probably make my final desicion after reading the bugs and glitches thread that the hardcore players provide and see if the game needs any patches before investing. If there isnt any major problems like NCAA 09 I will be looking forward to some football this year.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

im loving what im seeing!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

I agree that the camera flashes are WAY over done! Good God, I'm not a regular at NFL games, but the ones I have been too, I have NO recolection of camers flashing throughout the game? Who the *&$# decided that was a missing piece of presentation anyway?

At the most it should be put into the Super Bowl ... regular games DO NOT have that "in the game". My guess is that for 2010 camera flashes will be dramatically toned down or eliminated.

Otherwise game sure does look good, as long as the turnover issue is fixed I can't wait to get my hands on it! (but I will wait for reviews stating the turnover issue is in fact fixed)!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #21
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree that the camera flashes are WAY over done! Good God, I'm not a regular at NFL games, but the ones I have been too, I have NO recolection of camers flashing throughout the game? Who the *&$# decided that was a missing piece of presentation anyway?

At the most it should be put into the Super Bowl ... regular games DO NOT have that "in the game". My guess is that for 2010 camera flashes will be dramatically toned down or eliminated.

Otherwise game sure does look good, as long as the turnover issue is fixed I can't wait to get my hands on it! (but I will wait for reviews stating the turnover issue is in fact fixed)!

I thought the camera flashes was going to be toned down, guess not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

I think the game is really looking fantastic this year. Looks to be the first playable Madden since 05'!

Just wanted to respond to two posts on here that I think can help clarify some answers:

Maxman1000- Correct me if I am wrong however the Packers and Bears are a rivalry game. They said that in rivalry games to help with that atmosphere they put a darker tint on the game. When it brightened becoming the backtrack feature, it was probably just reverting back to what it would look like without that rivalry game tint. Just speculation but to me that makes sense.

Exonerated- We will have weather for both ranked and un-ranked games, however we will not be able to choose the weather, it will be completely random. I think the bigger question is will it change the time of day, or will we be playing a day game every time. Ian if you read this could you please comment.

Hope this helps guys! I am really looking forward to Aug 12th I LOVE the Madden series and have been waiting for a succesful Madden game since 05'
Old 07-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #23
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

It did look good. Phil said that weather has an effect on games. I wonder if he or Ian could elaborate on that some more.

Also wanted to ask if there will be a roster update once the game ships? That is Benson on the Bears, and I don't want to see that.

Last edited by poster; 07-19-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

I think that may have been the first time we've seen Human vs. CPU play and it looked great. That sack that he takes at the 8 minute mark - he ran backwards with Grossman to avoid the oncoming rushers but if it looked like if he could have stepped up in the pocket instead and avoided the rush. I don't think I would've seen that in 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »