Home

Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08)

This is a discussion on Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Thursday Morning Other Stuff (7-24-08)

Wow, the guy who played Proximo died during the filming... never knew that. Given the actor though, that role of Proximo fit him well.

QOTD: At this point, I'm tired of him. Seeing him in another uniform would just be wrong. He retired however, and if anything should come back as a backup or at the very least have to fight for his job (although I am pretty sure he'd at least make the team...). One way or the other right now, I'm just tired of him, it has become a soap opera.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Did anyone else read the 'Consoles will be Extinct by 2020' link? I have a real hard time taking someone seriously when they use the phrase "like a bunch of b*tches" at a conference. Not to mention that his is in the PC gaming field so it would be in his best interests if this did come to pass...

QOTD: As for Mr. Favre, I think Vince Neil sang it best: Don't go away mad, just go away...
Old 07-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

QOTD: I'd enjoy watching Favre play one more year. Either for Green Bay (that's where he belongs, really), or Minnesota (just so my brother would go insane).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD:
Honestly speaking, any respect I've ever had for Brett Favre has gone out the window over this ordeal.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yea, she saw me. Only a quick glance tho, no emotion. That is when I wanted to pick her up and slam her to the wall. Prolly not a good idea w/ so many witnesses, heh.
I definitely missed this story for some reason. Why were you in court?

I hate court, though. You end up having to go back and forth to different court dates for something that literally could take five minutes to decide on. It's a waste of time.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #14
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Wow, Cazele was in some great movies. Talk about the shortest, most impressive acting resume in Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Did anyone else read the 'Consoles will be Extinct by 2020' link? I have a real hard time taking someone seriously when they use the phrase "like a bunch of b*tches" at a conference. Not to mention that his is in the PC gaming field so it would be in his best interests if this did come to pass...
Yea, I read it and the vulgar language makes him seem hard to take seriously.

It's too bad that he's probably right.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »