Home

Madden 09 Screenshots: NFC West

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Screenshots: NFC West within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #25
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 09 Screenshots: NFC West

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Dude, they don't hold it like that. They hold it closer to their body, so that the defenders can't easily tell the ball isn't there. If they held it the way it is in the screenshot, it would be very obvious he had handed off the ball.
No, it wouldn't, because players can't see through one another.

That said, usually you'd either bootleg or hold your body at an angle so your hands aren't clearly visible to anyone with a lane to see.

I think the thinking is that it's 1 animation filling two roles. I think it's a good way to save space, personally. It works just fine for it's purpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #26
Rookie

ice23's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool Re: Madden 09 Screenshots: NFC West

they got the alternate for carolina right this year and black on black for the falcons. hey steve when you do the afc east can you see if the pats have the gray alternate that they where at least twice a year .
Old 07-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Well, they fudged up the 49ers throwback uniform. They have the current logo and a red facemask on the helmet instead of the old logo and gray that it should be.

Also disappointing to not see an all-white Cardinals or a dark pants/white jersey combo for Seattle.
For the love of god how hard is it to look at a freakin picture and follow what you see? You know, all these excuses about the parent company not giving these guys time are bull. They are too cheap to higher someone for 12 bucks an hour as quality control for these kind of details. I'd do it for only enough money to pay the bills and eat, but these guys are sooooo freakin cheap that they can't pay the money to make sure they get the details right. It's sad, and infuriating. I haven't bought a Madden since 2005 and I won't again until they can at least get the freakin uniforms right. My GOD... :headdesks: here's to another year of not buying yet another madden game that fails to take care of business...

btw, the stripes on the niner pants are too thin... another flaw, of course...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Guys, seriously. The game is no out yet.... and for the guy who said the rams white on white jerseys arent in the game, they are and I have proof. Look at the sideline to the left http://maddenfb.com/photos/maddennfl09draft/images/7645/original.aspx Lets at least give them a chance before hangin out to dry.......
Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #29
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by katahajime
Guys, seriously. The game is no out yet.... and for the guy who said the rams white on white jerseys arent in the game, they are and I have proof. Look at the sideline to the left http://maddenfb.com/photos/maddennfl.../original.aspx Lets at least give them a chance before hangin out to dry.......
That's awesome. The guy on the field is wearing the gold pants while the sidelines are in white. Thanks for pointing that out. If you're trying to stick up for EA, that wasn't exactly the best way to do it.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #30
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Another thing they got wrong about the 49ers. They are one of several teams who did NOT adopt the stupid Captains "C" with the star on the jersey. Yet one of the pics has Clements wearing one. Arg.

And nevermind that the STRIPES on the socks are wrong. They should be much more narrow and closer together.

Last edited by spfhelmiii; 07-27-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
RaiderKtulu: I am just arguing the fact that there are obviously Jerseys in the game no one has seen in screenshots yet, and that pic is from an early Beta.. Now have a warm glass of milk, adjust your tampon, and wait patiently for August 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
That's very true. You'd think they could begin to get uniforms correct after 20 years of Madden programming.
Gotta love all the advantages an exclusive NFL license brings to Madden. With all the so called "inside access" to the league.....good grief

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »