Home

Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-29-08)

This is a discussion on Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-29-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-29-08)

Like the links? Kick off some conversations about them!Was all ready to ride the bike into work today and I step outside and it's raining. Pisses me off. I hate weathermen, I really really do. It's only their JOB, you'd think they'd be half way decent at it. If it was my job, I would have been fired a long time ago. You see, you are here to do a job, get it wrong once fine, twice ok...but 3 times? Get out! You're fired, bring someone else in that can actually DO THE JOB. I guess that logic doesn't work w/ weathermen. Guess I picked the WRONG profession! Bitter much? YEAH!

OK, sorry for that rant.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Is your weatherman reliable?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Jistic (38), Jonesy (28), tc23 (28), SanFranpsycho (27), riverspoons (26), kennyacid (25), Cj7298419 (24), TravRichards37 (22), Lester206 (21)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-29-08)

LINKS: I'm honestly surprised they were able to come up with 50 hot female golfers.

I just don't see how GTA IV fits in with the whole "Wii philosophy" of appealing to families and the casual gamer.

Gas prices may be falling, but not as fast as oil prices have fallen. I'm sure the oil companies will continue to make record profits.

What's going on? Saw the Tribe beat the Tigers last night. Had great seats (4 rows behind the Tribe's dugout) thanks to my dad's work. Skipping basketball tonight to get a few beers with my friend from high school who's in town this week.

QOTD: Cleveland's weather can be pretty unpredictable, so I guess they do a decent job.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
QOTD: No, in fact my wife and i have a running joke when we listen to the weather guy if he says "10% chance of rain" then we say "pack the umbrella" or if he says its gonna pour, we make plans to go to the beach, and its about 50/50 each time. Its ridiculous how wrong they are sometimes

Edit: Links: 50 hottest female golfers, notice how many of them are just college golfers, but some not too bad looking ones in there. Always happy to hear gas prices falling

Last edited by callmetaternuts; 07-29-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't expect gas prices to drop all that much. According to a report on ABC news (actually watched it for about 2 minutes last night), Americans drove almost 10 BILLION fewer miles in May 08 compared to May 07. Fewer miles driven means less gas purchased, which probably means that prices will stay high to maintain those previously mentioned record profits...

QOTD: I couldn't tell you as I almost never pay attention to the weather report. I just look out the window unless planning some sort of special outdoor event...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

QOTD: For the most part yes, but we have one guy who is usually so off it is funny. His nickname is "Blizzard Bill", and he seems to embrace it. Every winter there might be a storm coming in, he predicts on average about 4 more inches of snow from that storm than anybody else. More often than not, the storm either disappears or leaves about 1 inch of snow on the ground. The way he forcasts sometimes you think the apocolypse is coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

QOTD: Yeah they're pretty consistent. At being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

QOTD: I use weather.com and they're pretty accurate.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

QOTD: One of the weathermen here is named Dallas Raines, so he has no credibility whatsoever. I like Elita whateverherlastnameis, even if she's wrong...her rack is awesome.
But we all live in denial

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »