Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-30-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-30-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-30-08)

Like the links? Kick off some conversations about them!I have a problem. You see, I buy games and they sit on my desk, collecting dust. Why? Because I just don't have the time to play them, yet I continue to buy them, thinking YES! Today is the day I'm going to sit down and play some games. But stuff happens and I don't get around to it. Anyone else have this problem? I used to play for hours upon hours every night. Now it seems I don't have time for a single hour. Just too much to do, with too little time.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How long do you usually stick to a game, before it starts collecting dust?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Deuce002, Aerodynamics (44), Gilby (32), Flesheater (25), JoeMimic (24), {SAC-1} (16)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Whats up? Dentist appt was ok, nothign major, thank God

QOTD: It depends on the game. Examples. The Show is on and off again, GT IV was hardcore for about 3 weeks, havent touched it since. MGS 4, played it till i beat it, straight through almost. NCAA and Madden (assuming they dont suck) is from July till Feb.

Links: No idea what 2.42 does, i dont keep up with it that much. My soul is worth $126,075, but some of those questions have no good answers (if you are being real about it)
Old 07-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-30-08)

LINKS: My soul is worth $72,610 Soul Dollars.

The list of people who will ruin your party is good. I know some people that are more than 1 of those at a time.

What's Up: Looking to be a real boring day at work today. This week is dragging. In the last week, the only night I did any gaming was Sunday.

QOTD: A month of two, depending on when I get my next game. The true standout games to me (Rock Band, for example) are the ones that I play months and months later.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
LINKS: My soul is only worth something if my wife can get half... (well that is what she told me at least, the story of my life pretty much)

Whats Up: Today looks like its going to be a slow day for me as well, just watching the clock until lunch time, also focusing on this Favre situation on ESPN.com

QOTD: Sports games usually stick with me for a while thanks to online play, Im really having a ball with The Show and my franchise, might the the firs time that played all of my games in a season. shooters and adventure games seem to last about 1 month maximun for me honestly.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I have a lot of free time to play games right now, so I do play a decent amount. However, for guys that have careers and families among other things, I don't know how you get any gaming time in. I'm just cramming as much gaming in as possible now, while I can!

QOTD: Heh, good question. Considering I have about, 6 games for my XBOX, I'd say I play 4 on a consistent basis. Right now, Madden 06 and NFL 2k5 are collecting dust because they're not in season (though to be honest, I played a game of both within the past week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

QOTD - Forever, I'll always go back and play it again. With 1 to 2 months breaks after 30 days or more of play.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

QOTD: Depends on the game. Halo 2 was in constant rotation for two years, and that was by far the longest (we've actually started going back to it now). But I'm mostly a sports gamer, so the average shelf-life for a game is probably 4-6 months before I trade it in.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21
QOTD: I am usually a season player so I would stick with a certain sports game until a week or 2 after the season ends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »