Home

NCAA Football 09 Passing Strategy: Part 1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Passing Strategy: Part 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Any pass that either has a reciever going over the middle, a slant route, a route in the flats, or a hitch route has a 99% completion rate. Instead of having 1 or 2 money plays, more than half the passing playbook is money plays.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 09 Passing Strategy: Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Does anyone really need help passing? I guess if you are going for a 100% completion.
Ditto, but there probably are people having issues. Not all of us are experts.

I can't wait till they get to the NCAA Football 2009 Pass DEFENSE Strategy. There is where I need help, lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Well written and breaks down the information in a very short understandable way.

I think though that helping people read what defense they are up against, especially giving some pre-snap tips would be useful. Also, what cues do people look at immediately after the snap to clue them in as to the defense they are facing?

For instance, this is a simple one, but sending certain players in motion can tell you if the D is in man or zone.

But what about some of the more difficult reads, like Man-Zone combo defenses, or picking out a likely blitzing player? What are some of the pre-snap tricks that people use to give clues about those sorts of things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
NCAA Passing Strategy? Hike the ball and press a button.
Exactly. I just went on line with this game for the first time. I didn't realize how bad this game is until I did so, what a pile of crap. There is no defense what so ever in this game. Both myself and my opponents moved the ball at will. I don't think either of us ran the ball at all. I could run the exact play every time and be sucessfull. Who ever has the ball last wins because you can't play defense in this game, it won't let you. I'm trading it in now.
I pray Madden is not like this.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 AM   #13
Rookie

lmpullen1979's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Exactly. I just went on line with this game for the first time. I didn't realize how bad this game is until I did so, what a pile of crap. There is no defense what so ever in this game. Both myself and my opponents moved the ball at will. I don't think either of us ran the ball at all. I could run the exact play every time and be sucessfull. Who ever has the ball last wins because you can't play defense in this game, it won't let you. I'm trading it in now.
I pray Madden is not like this.
I haven't had any trouble playing defense. I played a unranked game the other day, Houston vs Va Tech (I was Houston) and held the Hokies to 14 points. Sure, I still lost but I was able to play defense. A little tip, play as a LB or a safety and get in those passing lanes. It's amazing what happens to players when you take away their money plays.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

There's just one teeny little problem. The guide, like most strategy guides, says, "Well if you're ever running this exact play vs. that exact play then here's a cookbook step on how to do it." But it rarely works like that in a real game. The defense might be going man without a blitz, or all-out blitz, or zone blitz, or sky coverage or cloud coverage or 1-deep outer-space viper coverage. The point is that this guide is useful but limited.

I appreciate your putting it up though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »