Home

FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Not interested at all. Bring on Fight Night 4 or a new prizefighter.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:25 AM   #18
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here

Nobody wants to play some bumass arcade boxing game. The only one that was any good was Mike Tyson's Punchout. Bring on Fight Night and quit playing EA.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 24

I played it last night. I wasn't overly impressed but I will try it again later. The upload a photo feature might be kinda cool.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #20
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I had R2R for the Dreamcast and it was NOT a fun game (IMO). I'll ask you again, "do you understand the paper, rock & scissor concept of the game?"
PaperRockScissors of facebreaker? Yes - and I think it's flat out lousy. I can win the fights (at least be for the demo is cut off) but it just sucks the big one. The decision to go with one button for all face punches and not being able to at least choose diff punches kills it. It's just silly.

of the two games, are you saying you like facebreaker more than r2r? I see you all the time posting regarding real boxing, I just would have thought someone who likes boxing would like r2r at least more than this game.

In r2r you could jap, cross uppercut and hook w/ both hands as you choose, you could also bob and weave and block at will. you could do all this to the body as well. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-kk6M2BATvc

that game actually sold me the system (dreamcast) when I was playing it in an EBgames before the system launched imo it was amazing for its time. The characters are also way more thoughtful and colourful. the training and career was alright too.

To each his own though, I just don't see how anyone could really enjoy facebreaker and want to buy it.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

This game would have been awesome 10-15 years ago, when 2D fighting games were the rage. I played 3 fights and deleted the demo immediately afterwards. Nothing that hasn't been done to death...

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Played the demo a bunch of times and while I thought it was a bit light and too much of a button masher, I can see how this thing will sell when EA does the full marketing blitz upon its release. It's a catchy enough art style that people will buy it based on a 30 second TV spot. Basically this game seems to be trying to channel Punchout from the old NES days.

Oh, and I know for a fact that some of the EA developers have accounts here on OS and post as regular users. You guys try to figure out who's a mole on these boards.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
This is a multiplayer centric game so I'm not surprised some aren't feeling it. I still heart it a lot but then again I've been championing this game since E3. I think there is more depth than some are giving it credit for as well.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 35

Chase, I haven't played the demo yet (plan to tonight), but I've been intrigued by this game for while. I was a huge Punch-Out fan, but have never really gotten into the "sim" boxing games, so I think I'm going to like it. The custom boxers with photo downloads is what I think could give the title some extra shelf-life, but we'll see.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »