Home

Thursday Morning Other Stuff (8-7-08)

This is a discussion on Thursday Morning Other Stuff (8-7-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Thursday Morning Other Stuff (8-7-08)

Like the links? Kick off some conversations about them, for crying out loud!Favre to the Jets huh? Well, the schedule sure does favor them. I just knew he'd be a Buc, interesting. Can he sign a one year deal, then become an unrestricted FA? How does that work?

Had to TIVO Hard Knocks last night, as Nat wanted to go to the pool. I'll be watching it tonight, was too exhausted.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How many wins will the Jets get this year?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Mjphillips (28), squaremarker (23), iamthemaster121 (19)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Thursday Morning Other Stuff (8-7-08)

LINKS: Dark Knight has made over $400 million and the film industry is going to go out of business? Ha.

What's Up? Last night of basketball for about a month. My body (and feet especially) needs the break. And I need some new shoes.

QOTD: I'm guessing around 8-8 or 9-7.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Headed to Oklahoma after I get off work today, my gf's sister is at a band camp at Beavers Bend.

QOTD: Not enough to make the playoffs.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Whats up? Im pissed at the whole Favre thing.....heres a copy and paste job from another thread (from me) .

Dont wanna drag this thread down, but it is Off Topic, and im a little pissed. Been a Favre fan since the mid 90's, before everyone else was on his jock. Ive never seen him play in person. I have an autographed picture on my wall, anda signed ball from the actual game he broke Marino's TD record (one of 44 he signed). Before he retired i knew the Packers were playing the Bucs (my favorite/hometown team) so i was finally gonna get to see him play. He retires, so i cant see him play. He comes back, and if he plays for GB i see him play, if he comes to TB i get to see him every week. Now he goes to the f-n Jets, where ill never see him play (person or TV). Just pissed off. Im 28, so its not like this kills me, but by far my favorite player and i was so close, and now...............nothing. Ill admit, im extremely disappointed, i have season tickets to the Bucs and get to see great athletes every Sunday, and the on i wanted to see wont happen...............

Beside that, getting new washer and dryer and a new fan today.

QOTD:: SCREW THE JETS!!!!!!! Maybe 9, but im not a huge NYJ fan.

Links: Why didnt i have a babysitter like that? Im an American and i like soccer, so that didnt ring true with me.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
band camp at Beavers Bend.
There's just something funny about that statement. I think we can thank American Pie for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
i do not know how many games the jets will win, but i know that ny football just got a boost!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Favre signing a FA deal: Favre has three years left on his current contract.

As a lifetime Packers fan, I'm sad to see it come to this. I have, however, become sick of the Brett Favre drama. He's held the team hostage for the last 3 offseasons, so now it's finally over.

QOTD: I don't think Favre is still as good as everybody thinks. 8-8 if the Jets are lucky.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

LINKS: Although that article on why soccer should be more important in the USA was kind of like a message board post, it did raise some good points. However, now that it's gone by the wayside, I don't think it'll ever reach the levels of the other major sports just because everyone is so hardheaded in their thinking. If they don't like soccer now, they never will. I'm not a big soccer fan, but I'll watch a game every now and then and I would never badmouth a sport just because it's not my favorite. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

QOTD: They should be average no matter who they have behind center. I happen to think Chad Pennington, if placed in the right system and with the right team, could be a good quarterback once again. He's gotten a bad rap there in NY. I think Favre will get a bit exposed, he'll have a big drop off from last year's numbers (which isn't all that bad, considering he put up some really good numbers) and put up average to below average numbers this year. Then we get to start the retirement talks all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »