Home

NHL 2K9 Video (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K9 Video (Gamespot) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 2K9 Video (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
What positive???? Where have you seen anything positive about this game? Do you mean the 6 screenshots we have? Talk about being a sheep yourself.

Besides, it's not me that should care about the dimes, it's 2K!

I've already pre-ordered NHL09 based on the hype alone. Yes, I can be a sheep to hype just like I was for Mass Effect and GTAIV (both pre-orders were worth the gamble).

With 2K, I have no idea what they have in store. They speak about a new engine built from the ground up and simplistic controls. Where's the proof? We're literally 5 weeks away from release and nobody on this planet has seen one video of gameplay for next-gen consoles - only a few measly screenshots.

When's the last time you saw a 2K developer on these boards? OS is arguably the biggest sports gaming community on the planet and yet 2K treats it like a mouthy, old, wife.
Meanwhile, teams like EA, SCEA and others chime in quite often to discuss their games and receive input from the people who DO matter - the people with the money.

With how tight money is these days I'll save mine for a company that actually gives a crap about the community and it's customers.

I agree that their models look a lot better than they did in 2K8, but if you think 2K9's look 'brilliant' then your head might explode when looking at 08's models. EA still has the best looking graphics and the best skating animations in the business.

Of course, I'd like to be able to compare the animations I've seen for 09 against 2K9 but then again, there aren't any 2K videos to do that with.
Again more speculation, and since you already ordered 09 why are you worried so much about 2k's marketing. If it bothers you that much, then don't buy it, it's really simple. Your crying and moaning over something that you really won't purchase anyway.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-07-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47

Eddie you make it sound like a war. We are just saying where is the videos of 2k9. Like I said before they are putting all their time in the Wii.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #19
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Eddie you make it sound like a war. We are just saying where is the videos of 2k9. Like I said before they are putting all their time in the Wii.
That's fine if that's true but all I'm saying is that we don't know how the game is going to play on the 360/ps3 until we get the game in our hands. It would be nice to have some videos but not having them won't stop ME from purchasing 2k9.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
That's fine if that's true but all I'm saying is that we don't know how the game is going to play on the 360/ps3 until we get the game in our hands. It would be nice to have some videos but not having them won't stop ME from purchasing 2k9.
I just want them to fix the skating engine. And make them play better positioning.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #21
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I just want them to fix the skating engine. And make them play better positioning.
Hopefully that will be the case. I'm just not in that nhl 08 was the greatest game ever crowd. After half azzn it for 3 years a decent effort last year won't cut it for me. It was an okay game but I'm not letting 3 years of total mediocrity slide. Amazing how some will bash 2k to death for marketing, of all things, yet the marketing king went south for 3 years after nhl 04 and now they are the greatest. Amazing. Talk about bias.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Hopefully that will be the case. I'm just not in that nhl 08 was the greatest game ever crowd. After half azzn it for 3 years a decent effort last year won't cut it for me. It was an okay game but I'm not letting 3 years of total mediocrity slide. Amazing how some will bash 2k to death for marketing, of all things, yet the marketing king went south for 3 years after nhl 04 and now they are the greatest. Amazing. Talk about bias.
Er 2k has half assed it on the 360 since 2k6, and please don't twist words around, watch the Wii demo video from E3, the game plays like like 2k8, wwe defensive ai and all.

EA has their share of issues as well, but they at least appear to be listening to the community and making somewhat major improvements on a yearly basis across the whole title, AI, Graphics, presentation, defensive tools, goaltenders etc. All while adding features like be a pro and the EAHL that don't just consist of fluff like playoff beards and zamboni racing mini games. Give credit where it's due man.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #23
Banned

It looks like they fixed the skating. I like what I saw.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Again more speculation, and since you already ordered 09 why are you worried so much about 2k's marketing. If it bothers you that much, then don't buy it, it's really simple. Your crying and moaning over something that you really won't purchase anyway.
Kind of like you crying and moaning over EA and we know you won't buy that.
Meanwhile, I did buy NHL2K8 last year so I'm not nearly as biased as you appear to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »