Home

Madden NFL 09 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Stellar review. I learned more about the game than I did through the 140+ pages on the impressions thread. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy...

One thing that had me nodding my head in delight is hearing about how simmed stats are more in line with Human stats. I can live with numbers that don't completely resemble real-life as long as they're in line with my virtual league. I hope the days are gone where my team would lead the league in INT's and Rushing Yards Against no matter which team I was using. It pretty much made it pointless to check the league leaders screens.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
A fair and thorough review, IMO.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 AM   #11
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 09 Review

I knew the My Skill thing would be a gimmick after the demo. Much of it is like a Wii mini-game. The reviewer pointed out the running "test." I nearly bit on the CE to get Head Coach, but I'm glad I waited. I'll wait until the new release hoopla dies down before I make a determination on Madden. I swore after last year I would never buy another Madden game on release day ever again, and it seems a lot of what I hated about it still remains, namely a crappy franchise and lingering AI issues. I don't feel it necessary to get Madden as much this year after all the great things I've been reading about Head Coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 01:59 AM   #12
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
The Bug & Glitch thread did it for me... I will still hold out hope that the patch(es) will correct most issues and make this game into the great one it could be -
Don't you get tired of saying this about nearly every game EA puts out? I'm not talking about this poster in particular, but this is a recurring theme with EA games. How long will people continue to buy games that require a patch...a patch which usually comes out way after people stopped caring by the way.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #13
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Don't you get tired of saying this about nearly every game EA puts out? I'm not talking about this poster in particular, but this is a recurring theme with EA games. How long will people continue to buy games that require a patch...a patch which usually comes out way after people stopped caring by the way.
Not a bad review IMHO, I still disagree with some things. As for patches, you need them. It's always a good thing to have patches because if there's bugs or something went wrong they can fix it with a patch. Imagine back in the days when there weren't patches. Oh no, you just spent money on a game that can NEVER be fixed until next year.

Good for patches my friend, good for patches.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:16 AM   #14
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

great read

well executed and covered nearly every aspect from a POV that most should be able to appreciate.

thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 AM   #15
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
Good for patches my friend, good for patches.
Terrible point of view, IMO. Because companies now have the ability to patch, they are more apt to release games with clear flaws in them because they would rather meet a deadline than release a quality game. I like they ability to patch, but it's become clear that developers rely on them rather than use them as a last resort. Madden is the perfect example of this..a patch was being planned as soon as the game went gold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 02:55 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 33

One of the better concise reviews. Pretty detailed and full of content. Covered most aspects of the game. Didn't show any real bias.

8.5 is serviceable for madden 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »