Home

Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup: Winner Announcement

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup: Winner Announcement within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup: Winner Announcement

Congratulations to forum member bcruise for winning the OS community ran Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup tournament. bcruise held off late round runs by rspencer86 and Ruffy_Rye to complete his 2-stroke victory over the 7-course tournament. This is bcruise's second Hot Shots Golf tournament championship here at OS, having previously won the Long Tee Tour.

Check the Golf forum for future Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds tournaments.

Congrats bcruise!
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Congrats bcruise! You played tough!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26
Yeah, b! That was some awesome play out there!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Wow, looks like our little corner of OS has hit the big time!

Great job by everyone that participated, as that came right down to the wire. I knew rspencer was right on my tail, but I didn't realize how close Ruffy got with that ridiculous 2nd round until I saw the final leaderboard!

Many thanks to everyone who participated! And of course, special thanks to aukevin for getting it all set up!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Re: Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup: Winner Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Wow, looks like our little corner of OS has hit the big time!

Great job by everyone that participated, as that came right down to the wire. I knew rspencer was right on my tail, but I didn't realize how close Ruffy got with that ridiculous 2nd round until I saw the final leaderboard!

Many thanks to everyone who participated! And of course, special thanks to aukevin for getting it all set up!

yeah if Ruffy hadn't had such a tough round 1 you might have been in trouble. It was definitely fun watching last night from the bottom. Great drama between the way rspencer tore it up the first round and you holding on in the second round.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
yeah if Ruffy hadn't had such a tough round 1 you might have been in trouble. It was definitely fun watching last night from the bottom. Great drama between the way rspencer tore it up the first round and you holding on in the second round.
Does voice chat work w/ this? And when you are talking about the drama in the 2nd round, were you guys just watching or playing as well? I'm guessing you take turns or can anyone go as they pleease?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Re: Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup: Winner Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Does voice chat work w/ this? And when you are talking about the drama in the 2nd round, were you guys just watching or playing as well? I'm guessing you take turns or can anyone go as they pleease?
No voice chat unfortunately, you get to text chat in the online lobby before you start as well as in between holes. Everybody plays the hole at the same time, you see little ghosts of the other players while you are playing (you can hide them as well if they are distracting). If you finish the hole before the others, you watch the remaining players while they are on the green (you get a camera shot of the green), and the game also shows you what stroke each player is on and how far away they are from the pin while you are waiting for the party to all finish.

So going into the final course last night bcruise held a 10 stroke lead over rspencer and after the 1st round (we play 2 rounds on a course each week) rspencer had cut bcruise's lead to just 4 strokes. In the 2nd round around the 16th hole rspencer was within a couple strokes of the overall tournament lead, so it was really getting close. I think both rspencer and bcruise both bogey'ed on a late hole that could have been a turning point. Ruffy was only 6 strokes off the lead going into last night's finale but he had a bad first round which did him in, but he had a killer 2nd round that kept him within striking distance had there been one more round of golf in the tourney.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Ahhh, very cool. I might have to join in one of these one evening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »