Home

Konami Unveils New Modes and Gameplay Additions to Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

This is a discussion on Konami Unveils New Modes and Gameplay Additions to Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Konami Unveils New Modes and Gameplay Additions to Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Konami has unveiled new modes and gameplay additions to Pro Evolution Soccer 2009.

Quote:
'PES Unites' is the key phrase Konami is using to sum up the ethos of the new game. PES 2009 also improves on its many existing game modes and adds a number of new ways to play the game. Central to this is the new ‘Become a Legend’ solo mode, which casts the user as a midfielder or striker within a match. Using a default vertical camera view, the player starts as a rookie pro at the start of their career, and charts the many highs and lows of becoming a professional player. An extension of the popular ‘Fix’ mode, the ‘Become a Legend’ mode sees the player operate in their favoured attacking position, and work as part of the overall team as opposed to controlling every member as in a normal game."

Read the full press release, right here.

Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Konami Unveils New Modes and Gameplay Additions to Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Nice! Can't wait for Nov. 12. I think Seabass and the boys might actually deliver this time. Hell, i guess it doesn't matter to me since I still play PES 2008 and if 09 is a step up from that, I will be satisfied. No mention of Champions League incorporated this year or much about ML mode. Hopefully they are saving some big announcement for Leipzig next Wednesday.

PEACE!
GOZ
Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Konami Unveils New Modes and Gameplay Additions to Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

They could take away every game mode but Master League and make Master League outstanding, and I would buy it in a heart beat. But, I don't see that happening.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Theoris's Arena

OVR: 2

If the rumours turn out to be true about Konami's Champions League license acquisition, then that would become the new Master League for me. PES gameplay in general has always felt like the frantic and exciting European games as opposed to Fifa's slower paced gameplay that's more akin to the English league matches.

If they acquire the license then it would be a sure buy from me, as opposed to sitting on the fence about whether to buy it after the disaster of the PS3 version last year (and both versions online mode).

A good sign of PES's quality is usually if they release a demo or not. They did with PES6, but held off on last years until after release. But even then the PS3 saw no demo, to hide the fact that it was so stuttery and disappointing.

I'd like to see them both do well this year, PES's same-console multiplayer is unrivaled - and as poster said in another thread: Competition between Konami and EA is good for us consumers.

Last edited by Theoris; 08-14-2008 at 03:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »