Home

NHL 09 Update (GamecinemaHD)

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Update (GamecinemaHD) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NHL 09 Update (GamecinemaHD)

GamecinemaHD has posted the following NHL 09 updates:
  • NHL 09 Preview

Quote:
    "Players now progress throughout their career in a multitude of ways. Depending on the player’s position and skill type, they will earn experience points during the season in their own unique manner. At the center of this operation are three main categories that can affect progress; Offense, Defense, and Athletics are taken into consideration for skaters, while Reflexes, Puck Control, and Athletics are specific to goaltenders."
  • NHL 09 Checking Animation Video
  • NHL 09 Team Intro Video

Note: The two videos on their website might not be available. It could be just my web browser.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 09 Update (GamecinemaHD)

i think it might be a combination of your internet connection and maybe a crappy computer like mine. my bandwith monitor says i'm downloading those videos at like 1MB/second and that's either not fast enough or it's my video card which isn't top of the line which can't play those videos any faster than a super ridiculous 2 frame per second speed.

the preview was great and really informative though.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 47

No I have a pretty good computer. I think it is the videos. It still looks like there is a lot of tape to tape passes. Maybe sliders can fix that. I like how he got a slashing penalty for the lifting of the stick. That was cool. This game will be fun to play. I wish he would have started the game right when he talk though. I want more of the game and less of Dave talking.

Last edited by Scottdau; 08-16-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

The checking animation one was cool. I hope the game is going to be more realistic than that. I mean seeing Modano and Sakic lay-out those guys is unrealistic.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
The checking animation one was cool. I hope the game is going to be more realistic than that. I mean seeing Modano and Sakic lay-out those guys is unrealistic.
I know, right. I remember a few years ago when they were promising each players weight, hitting power and player type would affect who they could check, how aggressive they are, etc. And then we see Sakic and Modano dropping guys like Chara. Very unrealistic.

And I already asked him about the tape-to-tape passes. He said that very few passes actually miss....meaning they never bounce over the other guys stick...or get fumbled when trying to catch it. They mostly either get caught...or intercepted by the cpu...not much else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Really wish I could watch the videos.. why can't this site play their videos like 99% of the other gaming sites do?

Guess I'll have to check them out at work where we have T1 lines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »