Home

FIFA 09 Hands-On

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Hands-On within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice review. I had about given up on FIFA until FIFA 08 came along and renewed my faith in the franchise. I'm really excited about getting FIFA 09. I hope they blow out the Manager Mode a little more with some of the options that were in FIFA 07 on the Xbox.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 09 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
It would be nice if we could save tactics like roster saves or settings. So, if we can only save say 20 team tactics, then I could have an EPL set, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc. I'd like to have a bunch and load them in as I need them for the proper teams/leagues.
At the Community Days David Ruttter said that you could save up to 25 custom tactics.

It's going to be really hard to get a good gauge on how the game will play until someone puts in a good amount of time with the custom team tactics because there are so many possible combinations.

In FIFA 08 every game played out basically the same way because there were no tactics. For 09 it will be a completely different story. Every game will play differently. The game will be shipped with pre loaded custom team tactics for every team. The tactics chosen for each will be the best guess of the development team. Admittedly, they know some will be incorrect. This is why they chose to have the EA Locker feature so that gamers can share their tactics.

One good thing about the game coming out later in the states is that all of the players from Europe will more than likely have the true to life custom team tactics already loaded into their lockers. We should be able to download those on Day 1.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This is why they chose to have the EA Locker feature so that gamers can share their tactics.

One good thing about the game coming out later in the states is that all of the players from Europe will more than likely have the true to life custom team tactics already loaded into their lockers. We should be able to download those on Day 1.
That sounds goooooood
Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
At the Community Days David Ruttter said that you could save up to 25 custom tactics.

It's going to be really hard to get a good gauge on how the game will play until someone puts in a good amount of time with the custom team tactics because there are so many possible combinations.

In FIFA 08 every game played out basically the same way because there were no tactics. For 09 it will be a completely different story. Every game will play differently. The game will be shipped with pre loaded custom team tactics for every team. The tactics chosen for each will be the best guess of the development team. Admittedly, they know some will be incorrect. This is why they chose to have the EA Locker feature so that gamers can share their tactics.

everything about this post was awesome.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
At the Community Days David Ruttter said that you could save up to 25 custom tactics...

...The game will be shipped with pre loaded custom team tactics for every team. The tactics chosen for each will be the best guess of the development team. Admittedly, they know some will be incorrect...

Seems perhaps a better way would be to just let you tweak each team's tactic as you see fit... Though 25 custom ones should be ample enough.

Anyone by chance know specifically what you'll be able to adjust with these tactics sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi

Seems perhaps a better way would be to just let you tweak each team's tactic as you see fit... Though 25 custom ones should be ample enough.

Anyone by chance know specifically what you'll be able to adjust with these tactics sliders?
I forget all the categories at this point, but I think there are 5 or 6 sliders to tinker with.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

Can you assign them to some of the CPU teams. If not it doesn't matter how many tactics you can make and save.

Really if can assign just one to the CPU opponent that would really hope our career mode.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi

Here you go Koshi:

Each slider has a 1 to 100 range.

Here are the options for tactics:

OFFENSE

Build up
Speed
Pass
Positioning-Free form or Organized

Chance Creation
Passing
Crossing
Shooting
Postioning-Free form or Organized

DEFENSE

Pressure
Aggression
Team Width
Back Line-Offsides Trap or Cover

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »