Home

FIFA 09 Demo Arrives on Sept. 11 - EA Unveils New Adidas Live Season

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Demo Arrives on Sept. 11 - EA Unveils New Adidas Live Season within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 06:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 09 Demo Arrives on Sept. 11 - EA Unveils New Adidas Live Season

Read the full press release, right here.

Quote:
"Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced a new premium service for EA SPORTS™ FIFA 09 called adidas Live Season that will redefine the football videogame experience by dynamically updating player form in-game on a weekly basis so that player attributes mirror real-world performances. FIFA 09 will now feel and play differently throughout the entire 2008-2009 season matching the weekly rhythm of football. The new service will be available for Barclay’s Premier League, La Liga BBVA, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and Mexican Primera Division on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PC."

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 09 Demo Arrives on Sept. 11 - EA Unveils New Adidas Live Season

Great to have a date for the demo, even if it will be hard to stop playing NHL 09. Luckily for me, I think I'll be taking two days off right around that time...

Not sure what to make of the Live Season thing -- the 'premium service' idea bothers me and I worry about the implementation. I wonder how it will impact online play, if it even applies since not everyone will have it. Perhaps it will only be an option if both players have access to it. Also, if you're in a league on OS ( ) and your team & players are constantly fluctuating based on their last game IRL, that could be a bit frustrating.

However, I shouldn't jump to conclusions as we really don't have much info. If this feature brings FIFA closer to replicating the real world of football, it'd be hard to argue with it...
Old 08-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

CANNOT wait for September 11.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Gamers will have access to one league of their choice for a free* trial from the moment they activate it to the end of the 2008-2009 season.
What is the * reffering to? And what are the cost for participating in additional leagues?

Quote:
Today, EA also announced it has secured an exclusive licensing agreement with the Spanish Liga BBVA and Adelante.
Somehow, I wish the company suffocates on their exclusive deals on day... (is that even english?).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »