Home

NBA Live 09 Pick and Roll Control Tutorial and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Pick and Roll Control Tutorial and Screenshots within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Pick and Roll Tutorial Video (IGN)

Looks like there is no way to stop it. They were getting easy lay ups with the lanes clogged up.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Well, they're not going to show a bunch of missed attempts and stolen passes on the demonstration video. I'd take the success rate with a grain of salt. The ball didn't go through anyone's hands, so unless the interceptions totally aren't working well (and they specifically mentioned that they improved in this area), it shouldn't be unstoppable.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it though until we see something played on a real difficulty level that isn't meant to show off the feature. It didn't seem too overpowered in the other videos that I've seen, but there's really no way to know until we get the game in our hands... If you can see it coming as a defender and break up the pass quickly, that would be a good counter to it.

Chase, Beluba, etc. -- any comments on this? Have you noticed it being very difficult to stop the pick and roll? Those passes in the video were definitely risky, but there was no "ball through hand" BS like happens often in 2K... but have you noticed too many difficult passes being completed for scores? This was a demonstration video and I assume it was on a lower difficulty rating -- does the ease of execution shown in the video carry over into the higher difficulty levels?

Also, is there a way for the defender to get out of the pick (going the other direction, slipping over/under the screen)? It seemed like they were almost stuck to the pick man in the videos, which was the reason for the high success.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

The floor spacing is the best I've ever seen. Wow!

And, I didn't think such a simple thing like the rims bending would appeal to me that much, but it looks absolutely incredible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah the rim bending was pretty cool, hopefully VC can get it to happen in 2K9 too.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

as ridiculous as it may sound, one of the few questions I asked early on was if the snap back rims from march madness were in. Loved them in that game.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm not going to compare this to 2k or anything because I don't fully like everything about that either, especially the pick and roll. But I don't see why anyone would see this and be impressed.

The defender seemed FAR too content to just stand there and see the pick and not do anything about it. It isn't even like the defender chose to step in front or drop behind the screen, instead he would just stand there passively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »