Home

Backbreaker Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview (IGN) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #17
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Brand New Backbreaker Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Glorified tech demo
Sshh! You know that isn't allowed.

My Video Game Streams
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

If this game ever does come out it just sounds like Blitz with a nice tackling engine.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #19

jmood88's Arena

Re: Backbreaker Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Seriously folks, DO NOT take that "arcade" comment for this game being a blitz-esque game. Like I posted earlier, THEY ARE GOING FOR A HALF SIM HALF ARCADE GAME MORE ON THE SIM SIDE. This means that it'll probably be MORE realistic than Madden because can we really call them a sim, I mean lets look at the A.I. But I don't want to turn this into a madden bash thread so I will say that we will probably see in this game actual wide open gameplay, not like NCAA because A.I. won't be dumbed down.
Do you work for them or something? I've never seen someone defend an unreleased game by an unknown company so hard before.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #20
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Do you work for them or something? I've never seen someone defend an unreleased game by an unknown company so hard before.
Wow the attacks again, how mature. HELLO, I am stating FACT. If you want to see the quote I'll go ahead and post it. This time I wasn't BLINDLY "supporting" the company. Please back off my jock. I'm sorry I like a game before it comes out okay. The fact this game WILL come out and already has a HANDS ON preview (with more to come) I don't get how you can be so ignorant. I mean seriously. Back off the people that support the game and go play your EA games. I was simply answering the concern that this game would be blitz, its obviously not. No one is going to rip of someones helmet and beat them with it.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #21
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Here is the quote for you trollers

Quote:
Matt Sherman: We don't feel like we're trying to make the same type of game as a Madden or 2K Sports game. It is going to be a sim game, but we want to change some aspects of the football game. So far every game--you can trace this back to Sega '94 Madden--it's all been kind of the same camera angle, slightly tweaked. We want to offer a different type of gameplay experience that's more on the field, more emotional.
I'd also like to point out that diving from 3 yards back is realistic and getting hit in mid air is realistic. I don't know how the article writer could use those as good examples of calling it arcade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #22
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Glorified tech demo
glorified ignorance.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #23

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Wow the attacks again, how mature. HELLO, I am stating FACT. If you want to see the quote I'll go ahead and post it. This time I wasn't BLINDLY "supporting" the company. Please back off my jock. I'm sorry I like a game before it comes out okay. The fact this game WILL come out and already has a HANDS ON preview (with more to come) I don't get how you can be so ignorant. I mean seriously. Back off the people that support the game and go play your EA games. I was simply answering the concern that this game would be blitz, its obviously not. No one is going to rip of someones helmet and beat them with it.
First of all, it's hilarious that you would assume that I'm in any way an EA fan. Second, it's not an attack but you come on very strong with your defense of this game when you really have nothing to go on other than what you've been told. A hands on preview where a guy isn't allowed to do anything but run the ball doesn't mean much. Starcraft:Ghost was shown almost done and never came out so an extremely limited hands on preview isn't anything to get excited about.

Ripping someone's helmet off and hitting them with it is not all that constitutes an arcade game. Blitz games didn't have that until recently.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #24

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Here is the quote for you trollers

I'd also like to point out that diving from 3 yards back is realistic and getting hit in mid air is realistic. I don't know how the article writer could use those as good examples of calling it arcade.
Just because people don't agree that this will be a great football game or come out does not mean that they are trolling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »