Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Details

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Details within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Details

Note: Below are the patch details from the Lead Designer of NFL Head Coach 09, Josh Looman.

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

*** Added Wednesday, August 27th ***

We are also fixing an issue with RFAs that was noticed.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Josh_Looman; 08-27-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: It's official...we are doing a patch!

Oh happy day!!!!!!!! Thank you guys!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

You just made my weekend! Thanks so much for doing this and keeping involved with the community. This game ROCKS!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

AWESOME.

It is official you guys are the best!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

That's awesome man.

I can't imagine how much good will you just created with you customer base!

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

That's all we can ask. Thanks for keeping us informed, Josh...you have no idea how far this goes in making a great game a legendary game.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

thats sounds really good! I always forget on save on Fridays
Old 08-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

tears of joy...or is it shock and awe? oh yes I always reply with shock and awe but this time it's both.

And thanks Bekins!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »