Home

FIFA 09 First Impressions (FIFA Soccer Blog)

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 First Impressions (FIFA Soccer Blog) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #17
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 09 First Impressions (FIFA Soccer Blog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceBrown
Can anyone confirm if they brought back the ability to quick select free kick takers in game?
I miss this feature a lot as well. It's not as important offline, since you can just pause & adjust from there. But it really hurts in the online game, provided you get a decent FK opportunity in the first place.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #18
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I miss this feature a lot as well. It's not as important offline, since you can just pause & adjust from there. But it really hurts in the online game, provided you get a decent FK opportunity in the first place.
What they need to do, is allow you to select 2 or 3 different FK takers and then pop up a screen when you have a kick in your half to choose which one takes it. That way you could select a right or left footed kicker for the situation.

And I was talking with QB last nite when we played a game of FIFA about this: Is anyone else disappointed that NHL gets the online Be A Pro league thing, while FIFA already has the mechanics in place, and doesn't? It's still gonna be a great game, but that makes no sense to me.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91

They look really accurate, Im just not sure if they got the two tone stripes.
Awesome. Where'd you get that pic from? I want to see how kick *** the away one looks too. Doubt you have a pic of that from the game though.

I think it does have to two tone stripes though, as you it looks white and then grey in the middle right there in the photo you posted.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 AM   #20
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't know why free kicks haven't been given more attention in soccer video games... Not only in regard to who takes them, but also how they're taken.

Set pieces are a big deal, and up 'till now there have been limited options... If any at all.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I don't know why free kicks haven't been given more attention in soccer video games... Not only in regard to who takes them, but also how they're taken.

Set pieces are a big deal, and up 'till now there have been limited options... If any at all.
The thing in Winning Eleven that I liked last year was the fact that you could send up to three guys that you ALWAYS wanted up on set pieces for that game. Needless to say, for USA I always threw Onyewu and Bocanegra up top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi

Absolutely! Set pieces are such a crucial part of football. The result in FIFA is, you don't really have any risk involved with committing a foul because a) it's unlikely to be called or b) the options for the FK are so lacking there isn't any offensive threat.

I play in an adult outdoor Sunday league, and even at our limited level of skill, you would be truly amazed at the number of goals scored off of set pieces. I believe at one point this season 6 of the 10 goals we conceded were from set pieces.

EA pays no attention whatsoever to this major component of the game. Sad really.

And I LOVE the idea about being able to select 2 or 3 (or 4,5,6 etc.) potential FK takers, then have an in game menu pop up allowing you to select the taker for each FK.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #23
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

maybe EA doesn't work on set pieces so much because their reffs never blow the whistle..

hopefully there will be more fouls this year..

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »