Home

Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #17
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10
I must add that NFL HC is the way to go this year, but Madden and NCAA are improving in the right direction????
Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Is this is a joke article? How does NCAA win against Madden in the gameplay department? How does NCAA FB '09 win in anything compared to Madden outside of atmosphere?
First question, have you played NCAA 09 with Patch #2. It without a doubt has better gameplay at this point than Madden 09.

Small list:
CPU has a running game.
The players do not catch passes out of bounds, and run out of bounds in wide open field.
No ROBO QB where the qb is hitting 95% completion ratio and are second string.
No freezing at all.
No WR online cheese glitch.
Not only has cpu sliders, (which Madden does not) they actually work.

Just a few reasons why NCAA is superior right now. It will be interesting when Madden finally gets patch 02. There is a lot to correct. I do hope the Madden patch does fix a lot of the glitches/problems. I recently returned my Madden09 and switched it for NCAA09 after hearing about how well the second patch did for NCAA.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10
I think both games have improved.

I ended up buying NCAA after renting both. It was the dynasty features of NCAA that convinced me to buy it.

Madden was much better than i expected, but there was just no atmosphere and the franchise was so boring that I couldn't envision the game having much lasting appeal.

I am really enjoying NCAA post patch. Its the best NCAA since 07 on Xbox.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #20
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalmLikeABombX
First question, have you played NCAA 09 with Patch #2. It without a doubt has better gameplay at this point than Madden 09.

Small list:
CPU has a running game.
The players do not catch passes out of bounds, and run out of bounds in wide open field.
No ROBO QB where the qb is hitting 95% completion ratio and are second string.
No freezing at all.
No WR online cheese glitch.
Not only has cpu sliders, (which Madden does not) they actually work.

Just a few reasons why NCAA is superior right now. It will be interesting when Madden finally gets patch 02. There is a lot to correct. I do hope the Madden patch does fix a lot of the glitches/problems. I recently returned my Madden09 and switched it for NCAA09 after hearing about how well the second patch did for NCAA.
+100000
Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11
The Power of the NFL, its not about the game title, who wants to use Tulane, when they can use Tavaris Jackson and Adrian Peterson? Gimmie a break with NCAA, is a cash filler for EA, they slip the mediocre title in just before Madden drops and we go buy it. I tried to play Ncaa last night, and put my madden right back in. Sorry only on saturdays for my NCAA. Its not the better game, and that extra burst of speed you speak of is when lesser rated teams play the big boys. People always trying to make the dark horse the champ, I've been hearing this nonsense of NCAA being better than Madden, give people a choice and do the opposite just to do it. Since Bill Walsh Football so I know what I speak of, Make mines Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #22
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

NCAA....Madden is a snore fest! Although I think the gameplay on Madden does somethings a little better, its really not enough to put over the top or make a big difference. The only thing I like in Madden over NCAA are the pre-snap movements seem more fluid & the weather effects. Other than that Madden is a bore beyond belief! I cant play it with out yawning thru the entire game....

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #23
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Gameplay: Madden (NCAA was way too easy and Madden is a little bit more sim but not by much)

Features: NCAA (Both had similar features but I give the edge to NCAA because you can add photos to EASW not just highlights so I choose NCAA by a small margin.)

Presentation: Tie (They both suck)

Online: NCAA (Too many cheesers online doing that wr direct snap on Madden plus NCAA has an online dynasty that blows Madden out the water in my opinion. Madden should of added an online franchise feature. Plus Madden leagues doesn't have real schedules and we only get to play 11 regular season games max)

Graphics: Madden (By a small margin due to the field degration)

Sounds: NCAA (Stadium sound for NCAA is a neat feature)

Winner: NCAA (I think NCAA is a little better but not by much. I have both games and I think they are two very good sports games but I just spend more time on NCAA mainly because of Online Dynasy.)

Last edited by dopeboy206; 08-28-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 34
Both games are flawed in entirely different ways.

On the field, NCAA is fundamentally broken.

There are a wide array of running plays that the cpu simply cannot execute without maximizing run block sliders and RB ability sliders.

CPU QB logic is horrid, and the defensive programming is hideous.

Spot on game day environment though, and online dynasty literally saves the game.

Madden on the field is better, online head to head play is "better"..but the atmosphere, and imersion factor is non existant, online leagues arent worth the time of day, and the franchise mode is a bore.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 08-28-2008 at 01:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »