Home

NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apologize
Maybe its time to convert to NBA Live 09..Looks promising..

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella83
I dont think that they are high res. You cant compare a screen to Trailer. you just need to really look at these pics cuz right now you trippin. Go wash ya face cuz you probably got crust in ya eyes, And then take a look again.

Buddy stop... please. You dont have to try to sell me on the game... Im already getting it like I have every single year since NBA Action 98 (10 years now). For the record, I despise NBA Live's gameplay and graphics from an artistic standpoint (this year is no exception) and the last version of Live that I bought was NBA Live 98 for my SEGA Saturn (again, 10 years now). However, what Im seeing from these high res screens with a 2K LOGO on them is not quite at the same level as the teasers, even though they are both from replay mode. Call it what ya want but the same happened last year with all the good looking trailers released from a graphics standpoint - I buy the game and see jaggies everywhere that were not in the trailers... maybe 2K is adding some post process effects to these clips but they aren't the same rich colors and lighting seen in the clips. Maybe Im wrong and once they actually get around to showing some real-time gameplay videos ill see that but, thats a problem in itself.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Since when does the best selling basketball game have to try to sugar coat their product? You guys need to relax, chill out, or just stop buying the game. You're the same ones who come on here a month before release and pick out every negative only to buy live on release day and be swoll. Then you run on the next day and get 2K and sing its praises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
LLol, what do you kow about game engines huh? You thought they were gonna use an all new engine? Do you know what you are talking about?

Lol, then just go. No need to announce it, you wanna play Live, just go play Live. Cya.

First off, read my post above. Second, I never suggested that any sports game developer would use an entirely new/different engine from year to year... what I said was that it looks like they used the "EXACT SAME ENGINE" from last year and just redid the faces and added better looking accessories. With that said, it is obvious that VC hasn't been tweaking/adding to the engine enough since this gen started as its basically the same engine since 2K6 and all the jaggies that popped out at me in last years game made that painfully clear. I like what I saw in the teasers from a graphical standpoint and want the game to come as close to that as possible, again if I actually had some real-time direct feed footage to go off of, then maybe I dont make that comment but THOSE screens dont look as good/rich.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Lets hope the Great Wall can stay injury free this season!

Best looking Yao to date.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apologize
Maybe its time to convert to NBA Live 09..Looks promising..

I am a 2k fan though..We need a demo to compare the too..I do however like the new Live 09..

If 2k dont fix that sliding crap they got with their player movement I will not buy 2k this year..Will be the first time..Hopefully they fix that crap..
Hilarious. Itīs the same comments each year from the EA hopefulls.... They are more than a year behind...atleast
Old 09-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Kidd looks really improved compared to last year where he looked like a generic butter face.

lmao, Yao Ming looks hilarious in that last pic..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

timotim, I don't know why you're complaining about small graphic issues, there is really NOTHING wrong with those screens. Your expectations are WAY too high. Stop being overly critical, and analyze with a clear mind.

Just go play some super nintendo, maybe you'll feel better once you come back around to your senses and look at the screens a second time. They had pretty good graphics last year, only some of the faces needed remodeling (maggette, kidd, and a few others). For the most part, players looked incredible last year, I was just a bit pissed off that jersey and face sweat wasn't as noticeable as it was in 2k7 which made the effects on the game really cool. I really hope they bring perspiration back this year, which they said they would.

By the way, if you want to go play Live, no one is stopping you. Live's NBA players all have the same expression on their faces. Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, and Andrea Bargnani appear to have a vampire like transformation in Live. Bargnani's hair looks like a big clump of poo, the detail is severly lacking. In comparison, Look at the muscle definition in the Rose trailer clip, it's intense.

I wonder when they did sound tracks for all the different aspects of the game in Live, did they bang on trash cans to mimic the ball hitting the rim? Probably saved them a ton of money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »