Home

NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K9 Screenshots (Worthplaying)

J. Kidd looks great, Yao Ming is ok but not great, his head is too round, and that mustache shadow makes him almost look hispanic and not chinese.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
timotim, I don't know why you're complaining about small graphic issues, there is really NOTHING wrong with those screens. Your expectations are WAY too high. Stop being overly critical, and analyze with a clear mind.

Just go play some super nintendo, maybe you'll feel better once you come back around to your senses and look at the screens a second time. They had pretty good graphics last year, only some of the faces needed remodeling (maggette, kidd, and a few others). For the most part, players looked incredible last year, I was just a bit pissed off that jersey and face sweat wasn't as noticeable as it was in 2k7 which made the effects on the game really cool. I really hope they bring perspiration back this year, which they said they would.

By the way, if you want to go play Live, no one is stopping you. Live's NBA players all have the same expression on their faces. Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, and Andrea Bargnani appear to have a vampire like transformation in Live. Bargnani's hair looks like a big clump of poo, the detail is severly lacking. In comparison, Look at the muscle definition in the Rose trailer clip, it's intense.

I wonder when they did sound tracks for all the different aspects of the game in Live, did they bang on trash cans to mimic the ball hitting the rim? Probably saved them a ton of money.

Did you even read my posts? What faces you thought were off or spot on last year is your business... I personally though many looked really bad (Iverson looked like a crackhead) and am glad that they are fixing them this year. What you must understand is that these pics are from replay mode (not in-game) and again, dont look as good as the teasers to me. If you look through the thread about the leaked screens, I praise the pics in that thread even though the screens dont look too great and are all jaggafied because I knew they were just capture badly and could look past that to see just the content in the screens, however, these screens have the official 2K LOGO on them but do NOT come close to what has been shown in the teasers so far... the lighting and richness are different.

PS: a clear mind though... really? I guess a clear mind equates to whatever your opinion is.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Jason Kidd looks very sharp and precise. Almost looks like a capture.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I really wish you guys would stop telling other posters to go elsewhere because of differing opinions and stop taking the thread off topic with game war arguments.

Please talk about the 2k pics on hand.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #21
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Pretty darn good.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA

Last edited by TMagic; 09-09-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #22
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm getting tired of the "children" here not allowing users to post their OPINIONS on these boards w/o giving them crap, and basically telling them that their opinion is not correct(which makes no sense whatsoever). That's ONE of the reasons that we have forums. Just please keep in mind that everyone has a right to their own opinion...

ANYWAY, I'm liking the pics so far. I am not a graphic "ho" (I still remember thinking mario brothers were the greatest looking thing when they came out) so as long as the game play/association 2.0 is good, then I'm happy...

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have been watching this website/forum for about a month now. And, I love it! I am an avid NBA 2K fan and my last purchase was NBA 2K7. So, to say I am eagerly awaiting NBA 2K9 is an understatement!

These pics are Classic 2K! And I mean that in the most positive way. The graphical additions in the final build will be on point. Add the sound gameplay, and you have a must own on your hands!

As far as the graphical difference between NBA 2K and Live, EA is stuck in the past. Does anyone remember Bulls vs Blazers? It seems EA has kept that games slender, hunched-over, toothpick-leg player-model look and converted it over to 3D. I almost certain there is a player model artist at EA who worked on Bulls vs Blazers and has so much seniority that his decision NOT to update the player models is a personal issue!

If you have ever played basketball competitvely, you will know the physical weight associated with playing the game. EA's player models still feel light in the a@@, floaty, and too fast. When 2K introduced NBA 2K with the weighty player models and superb gameplay, EA was caught with their pants down. Live 09 is still suffering from Bulls vs Blazers syndrome.

2K sports has nailed the feel of the game across all aspects. My money is going to 2k this basketball season once again.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

timotim19, I hear what you are saying. 2K has a history of showing silky smooth graphics via screens, but during game play the "JAGGIES" are very evident. Here's hoping they have enable Anti-Aliasing offered by the systems which help with the "JAGGIES" during game play..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »