Home

UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES

This is a discussion on UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: UEFA Champions League Signs Four Year Deal For PES

I've reading over at PESFan that the Champions League mode is NOT incorporated into Master League mode at all. Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
So does this mean we get Arsenal and Chelsea, or does North London and whatever the hell they call the English Oligarchs get into the game?
This blog 'confirmed' that "there will be a fully licensed Champions League mode featuring the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United", which suggests that both Chelsea and Arsenal are also fully licensed. However, i've set to see images of those clubs in the game so no visual confirmation yet.

Then again, the same blog 'confimed' the demo for release on September 11th, and we know how that went...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #10
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
I've reading over at PESFan that the Champions League mode is NOT incorporated into Master League mode at all. Lame.
Konami seriously doesn't get it. At all...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Ya, that is weak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Collecting OS Champions League trophies!
HAHA! If I play PES more then FIFA this year and go back to my old ways on the PES, I doubt you'd be able to beat me. I was quite good until PES 2007 for Ps2. Then PES 2008 came out and I switched to FIFA for last year.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 AM   #13
MVP

Some scans from a UK PS3 review can be found here - LINK

This particular scan confirms the Champions League is NOT incorporated into ML
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture005.jpg

And this part of the review reveals the only improvement/change to ML is a very small one (IMO)
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture004.jpg

If i'm not allowed to post these here even in link form, then feel free to remove them, mods.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Some scans from a UK PS3 review can be found here - LINK

This particular scan confirms the Champions League is NOT incorporated into ML
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture005.jpg

And this part of the review reveals the only improvement/change to ML is a very small one (IMO)
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture004.jpg

If i'm not allowed to post these here even in link form, then feel free to remove them, mods.
LOL. Konami are reaching Ea Tiburon levels of shamelessness.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #15
MVP

I wonder if they've retained the 18-20 blank spots for us to create our own teams (like in 08) and just as importantly, if they have allowed for those clubs to be added to Master League (unlike 08). Otherwise the option file creators are going to have to sacrifice the unlicensed Spansih clubs in order to overwrite those clubs with Championship teams or what have you, just so users can play as or against them in ML.

Either way, i will probably be reserved to playing as a French or Dutch team in ML again for the sake of realism, mainly because i don't have the facilites to get an option file onto my 360 anyway, unless i buy one of those XSATA things, which aren't exactly cheap. Last year i tried skipping ahead to Div 1 in an all Italian league to purposely avoid having teams from a French/Dutch Div 2 being promoted into that league, but the way it was setup and written in the Transfer menu (my league was called Serie A Div 1, the lower league was Serie A Div 2 despite the fact i had assigned it to the "European League" region when setting up the ML), the two divisions were still 'connected' and they would still get promoted to my Serie A (actually i never bothered to finish a single season, but it was clear that was going to happen).

I would actually prefer it if Konami got rid of Div 2, and add a fifth region to the ML setup instead, given the fact they still haven't bothered to include Serie B and other lower leagues even after 2 attempts (now 3) on the current gen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
I wonder if they've retained the 18-20 blank spots for us to create our own teams (like in 08) and just as importantly, if they have allowed for those clubs to be added to Master League (unlike 08). Otherwise the option file creators are going to have to sacrifice the unlicensed Spansih clubs in order to overwrite those clubs with Championship teams or what have you, just so users can play as or against them in ML.

Either way, i will probably be reserved to playing as a French or Dutch team in ML again for the sake of realism, mainly because i don't have the facilites to get an option file onto my 360 anyway, unless i buy one of those XSATA things, which aren't exactly cheap. Last year i tried skipping ahead to Div 1 in an all Italian league to purposely avoid having teams from a French/Dutch Div 2 being promoted into that league, but the way it was setup and written in the Transfer menu (my league was called Serie A Div 1, the lower league was Serie A Div 2 despite the fact i had assigned it to the "European League" region when setting up the ML), the two divisions were still 'connected' and they would still get promoted to my Serie A (actually i never bothered to finish a single season, but it was clear that was going to happen).

I would actually prefer it if Konami got rid of Div 2, and add a fifth region to the ML setup instead, given the fact they still haven't bothered to include Serie B and other lower leagues even after 2 attempts (now 3) on the current gen systems.
Not trying to sound like a fan-boy as I have been an only PES guy up until last year, but you should look into FIFA if you want second divisions. FIFA has plenty of leagues, more than you'll use, which isn't a bad thing. The only negative is that you'll only score 5 different types of goals, unless they've changed that (hopefully).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »