Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2k9 : Lakers vs Celtics (user vs cpu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I like this speed better than that other NBA Jam nonsense shown the past few days

Did anyone notice Bynum (CPU) checking PP at the top of the key and then Kobe switching back on PP when they saw that PP wasn't going to attack the rim. Nice move CPU
yeah I like the speed better but it just looks wierd on rebounds and passing..the switching was dope but dont let the CPU do that to me lol
Old 09-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
This is by far my biggest problem with 2K these days. I want to do something on offense besides pick-n-roll and isolation stuff. These plays are practically useless because of how the offensive players run (or walk, lol) through them. The last play where Pierce was coming from the block to the top of the key of a screen was just terrible, he was literally walking up there.

I'm disappointed they didn't correct this at all from last year.
i agree...though in the other vids you can clearly see the cpu players setting up screens for each other and players RUNNING to get open and all that without calling a play...

i was hoping that calling a play would be the same result...im disappointed that its not

Last edited by Goffs; 09-20-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Defenders move soo fast. I really hoped they would fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree with everybody here. Live looks more realistic when running plays. The way the players interact and move around makes 2k look a little robotic and less organic. Can't wait to get my hands on this game tho. The gameplay videos never do the game any justice. You have to see and feel this game 1st hand. I don't know why people expect to be wow'd by gameplay videos of 2k. It's never wow'd me with gameplay videos. ou have to experience it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Jeez, you guys are really making it sound like 2K is gonna be a let down.

I haven't watched any videos at all, so I just have to go by what some of you are saying.

I was really excited about this game. But, since these videos have been released, my excitement has dropped a tad.

So are you guys disappointed?

Or is does the game really look great, and it's just nitpicking that is being done?

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 09-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01

I haven't watched any videos at all, so I just have to go by what some of you are saying.

I was really excited about this game. But, since these videos have been released, my excitement has dropped a tad.

Or is does the game really look great, and it's just nitpicking that is being done?
For the whole game, no I won't be disappointed. I don't lose sight of the the fact that 2K basketball is as good of a sport game as there is. The animations and sig styles are the best of any game out there. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game but I don't know if I'll be obsessed with it and play it for months on end.

I'm different than most people in that one of my top priorities now is a different system of running plays in a basketball game. For years it's been pick and roll and isolation plays and it's grown really stale as of late. That's why I loved CH2K8 because you could create your own plays but that game suffered the same problem, too many times a guy would walk through the motions of a certain play.

I mean, after playing 2K8 and watching this video, if you're down two with :15 seconds left in the game are you going to trust yourself to call one of those plays? Knowing that it might take more than :15 seconds to run because the guys are going through it so slowly? Or that a player will go through it so slowly we won't create separation from his defender for a good shot? No, you're going to iso or pick and roll because you know it works.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01

Its not that the video looks BAD...its just that people were expecting a lot more. Some things have definitely improved, but some of the 2k8 issues are still present. Personally, I don't like the fact that they still showed replays during the game and not exclusively dead ball situations. I know in the Rockets/Hornets video, those replays were absent, so I don't know. Maybe its because its a Beta version, maybe its because the replay tab was set to frequent...who knows?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Was the game speed slider notched down a bit, or is the default setting and it looked slower because a human was playing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »