Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Mavs @ Pistons

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Mavs @ Pistons within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Mavs @ Pistons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCameo23
Dont know how anyone can have fun with the game edited so much.
Better having a game where some editing can fix issues, than a game that...ahhhmmm...no editing will ever fix....

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
I see the 3 secs in the paint is still not called

yep. i counted 4.5 solid seconds on that dampier possession earlier in the game.

no ONE talked about STEVE not calling ONE play and RIP still going through screens for that quick "play". It happened atleast twice, as im only halfway through the video. and also Billups got a screen too once the user stalled in the post
Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Better having a game where some editing can fix issues, than a game that...ahhhmmm...no editing will ever fix....
but i like to play with friends and there is something to having a standard setting. I never edit stuff but thats just me.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
they to add a few more features to win the battle of the best basketball games think think....................... thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhink they should international teams and tournaments the amount of teams in the game are unimpressive.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Loved the strong bounce pass animation when Kidd hit Terry on the fast-break, though the charge call on that play was bad.
I thought is was too at first, but when I looked at it again it seemed like the right call.

So many subtle things. You can really see J. Kidd's high offensive awareness at work in this clip.

On the play when he cuts down the middle for the layup Steve is controlling Billups, loses contact and "vision" for just a second, and Bam!, Kidd darts down the lane for the score.

On another play Hunter or Stucky or whoever was playing the One at that time goes for the steal, misses, once again Kidd darts by him for the score. He's not using dribble moves or an explosive burst, but is taking advantage of the poor defensive position by the defenders.

In every video we've seen there are lots of things that I could nitpick about, but there's no point. IMO, this beta copy shows me that this game will be the G.O.A.T. barring Pared or some other early bird finding a gamekilling glitch. I'm speak about playing offline only of course. One never knows what is going to shake out in two player games.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
no ONE talked about STEVE not calling ONE play and RIP still going through screens for that quick "play". It happened atleast twice, as im only halfway through the video. and also Billups got a screen too once the user stalled in the post
Def a huge improvement over last year, should help the flow of the game tremendously.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve baker
they to add a few more features to win the battle of the best basketball games think think....................... thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhink they should international teams and tournaments the amount of teams in the game are unimpressive.
?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #24
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve baker
What?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »