Home

NBA Live 09 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-State Killa
You dont understand the cpu will just bury 3s in your face;even if you leave guys that cant shoot open like Kendrick Perkins they make it.Im talking about 2K9.

Also It freezes constantly,wtf did I waste my money on a game I cant even play online cause of freezing issues;So frustrated.
That is what I am saying, don't leave people open. Perkins is not a shooter in any means, but he can make a wide open jumper. The freezing, don't know what to tell you bud.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
I played NBA live 09 demo and the only thing I liked was the ball handling control. I played the Lakers-Celtics demo and the animations were choppy and glitchy, totally non-fluid. Its time that EA Sports takes this game back to the lab and trash it. Start from scratch and develop a more fluid engine like they had to do with Madden in 08. NBA 2K9 is a far more realistic sim game and the animations are true to life of the actual player, its just a better game, everything looks real and is authentic.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
i have the p3 verion and the replays keep getting stuck and move at hrribl frame rate and chris did u have this prob ar did anyoone else
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12
Tri-State Killa,

It's called SLIDERS, they work wonders for people like you who don't play defense and complain about that. I have never opened a game (Live, 2K, Madden, NCAA, etc.) that plays absolutely perfect coming out of the box, but some do more than others as in 2K. I honestly don't know how anyone enjoys playing Live. I have been playing ball since I was about 4 with those plastic breakaway rim goals that made you feel like a badass, and by playing ball your whole life you get a feel for what real basketball should be and in no way does Live resemble that. You may complain that online games freeze and that's easily patchable and fixable. Also, Live's whole online system has been down from what I have heard and read which means NO online play and NO 365 for now. The games just came out and your already complaining about freezing. Even the Live demo was put to shame by the 2K one, and I would have 2K if it wasn't for a midterm and another exam I have tomorrow. ****, I hate college classes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Are you saying 2K has better graphics? Biased?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 09 Review

Well, sliders are good for offline play, but it's important that online ranked play is 'perfect' or pretty close to it. You can change sliders in your franchise to make it more fun, but online you want a level playing field.

That being said, I thought this was a good review and I think both Live and 2k are about the same this year. It's just a matter of what you wanna play. As unbelievable as it sounds.... LIVE IS MORE SIM THAN 2K THIS YEAR. wow.

-Smak
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12
Da Birthday Boy, I don't know if you are talking to me or whomever, but I personally think 2K has better graphics dealing with the players, arena, crowd, everything. And I do not have a biased opinion at all, I had been a longtime Live player going all the way back to the '95 days, and ever since I have had the chance to play 2K, I give them both the same chance, and just have gone the way of 2K everytime. It is just a more pleasurable experience and is a game you can play for a long period of time, unlike I feel with Live.

ILL Smak, You are right about the online stuff and I do occasionally play online if I'm going up against a friend or just want to go up against someone, but there are so many cheesers out there that, with the right sliders, I find a more challenging and life-like game going up against the computer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6
I have NBA 2K9, and since there isn't a comment board for me to preach about how great this game is, I'll do it here. NBA Live 09 is a joke, and to quote cdiddy, I don't know anyone who would enjoy playin nba live except maybe my girlfriend nephews. NBA Live is joke. To be fair2k is tough as **** right now. I'm gettin blown out every game!!! On starter, im not complaining, the computer is making the right plays, the right people are takin the right shots. I'm trying to adjust and get a feel for the post game, something im tryna add to my game before I go online. The practice feature for 2k is amazing as well. The practice mode is where I spend about 95% of my time when playing 2k, like im really in the preason, for once inna sports game, the practice mode, actually has you practicing. I love 2k9, so for all you suckers whining about how you think 2k sucks, get a copy of live and then see if in 1 week your not ready to break that ****, live is crap and even though its better than last years live, its still not better than any nba 2k i have ever played. live is about gimmicks. Lastly, I sed this before and I'll say it again, Playing live is a lot like an ameteur athelete tryna get it right(think d-league) and NBA 2k is the professional that doesn't get it wrong (think the NBA).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »