Home

NBA 2K9 Still Having Serious Online Issues (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Still Having Serious Online Issues (Pasta Padre) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K9 Still Having Serious Online Issues (Pasta Padre)

Pasta Padre has posted an article about the serious issues we are seeing with NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"With the NBA 2K franchise as the flagship of 2K Sports it has always seemed to offer the best overall experience with the most resources behind it. That has carried over to online play where it has generally been stable while offering great online leagues. Right now however the game is experiencing some major online related issues."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
i heard about how there are glitches when playing the game and it is getting gamers fustrated and also angry e.g paul pierce hand went through someone head to grab a rebound and also how kobe bryant dunk went behind the backboard and the major glitch was how when you score a basket they don't inbound the ball they carrying on playing.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K9 Still Having Serious Online Issues (Pasta Padre)

Oh man its really a sad few days right now. I could care less about the glitches but the lag is killing me (and although I'm getting used to the default cam, I still miss the 2k cam)

The 5 on 5 online is probably the worst when it comes to lag. I cannot even get into a game properly. When it starts, there is a network failure, or a huge lag. It's really disappointing.

I hope they can fix these issues because 5 on 5 seems really cool.
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)
Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Seems like the demo played better than the actual game.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
ive seen some problems online, but not as exaggerated as ive read from that article or other people. the only lag i get is from 5 on 5 but that can be fixed i guess. also about the inbound pass glitch, people need to use google because i fixed it by deleting the nba2k9 demo and all of your saved files (just to be safe) and it should work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Online is a joke right now. I tried to get a 5 on 5 game at 5am and couldn't. It is the primary reason I purchased this game. I'll give them a few more days before I switch over to NBA Live. At least their online works.

Never thought I'd see the day where EA had the solid launch while 2K was cutting corners.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

It's really a shame because the gameplay is amazing this year. Hopefully this gets ironed out quickly.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I cant believe they took out flex schedule for online leagues... WTF were they thinking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »