Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Producer Blog #1 w/ OS Exclusive Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Producer Blog #1 w/ OS Exclusive Screenshots within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Basketball 09 Producer Blog #1 w/ OS Exclusive Screenshots

We have just posted our NCAA Basketball 09 Producer Blog #1 with Gameplay Producer, Connor Dougan. He explains the gameplay engine and how the team made NCAA Basketball 09 better and different.

Check out the Operation Sports exclusive screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"Hey what’s up everyone, my name is Connor Dougan and I’m a Producer on NCAA Basketball. I’m here to give you some details on NCAA Gameplay and the adoption of the EA SPORTS basketball engine into NCAA Basketball 09.

Some of you may already be aware, NBA LIVE re-wrote their Gameplay engine a few years ago and it has seen significant improvement in 08 and in 09.

At the end of the 08 product year for March Madness we felt that the basketball engine (shipped in LIVE 08) was in a state where we felt that that there was a strong, core foundation and ultimately, in a position for us to take it. The March Madness Gameplay engine was suffering from old tech resulting in poor animation blends, questionable physics and a code base that was very difficult to manage/maintain/enhance (to name a few issues).

So… the EA SPORTS Gameplay engine was a go for NCAA Basketball 09."

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Damn I wish they could DLC their improvements to LIVE. I would love to have that "cut the gather off from the block animation" joint. All of the responsiveness issues should be patched to Live!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
EA still has a lot of major hurdles to clear in getting its college game up to the level of NCAA College Hoops 2K8. NCAA Basketball 09 will probably be decent, but will still need a lot of work to take the crown.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32
If March Madness is going to have the same engine as Live, consider me out.....The players in the Live series have never moved right; everything just looks awkward....
Old 10-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24
I feel sorry for the guys who don't a least give this game a chance.
It was a blast to play at the community event ... and judging from some of the comments in Connor's blog, they actually addressed some of our concerns.

I do agree however with Jay Bishop ... I wish they'd add these improvements to Live 09 with a patch.

Dave
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
sounds promising!!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #7
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
If March Madness is going to have the same engine as Live, consider me out.....The players in the Live series have never moved right; everything just looks awkward....
amen to that brotha
Old 10-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

i think they need to add the 2k engine to there portfolio then March Madness will be a good game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »