Home

The Frynasty Tipping Point

This is a discussion on The Frynasty Tipping Point within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Frynasty Tipping Point

It is almost time for many Madden and NCAAers to decide. Is the game now too easy? Would it be better if the reigning Super Bowl Champs three times over are put on the shelf for awhile to make way for other virtual career pursuits? Wil McCombs checks in today with an article on the Frynasty Tipping Point. Be sure to give it a read and decide for yourself!

Quote:
"Every year in both Madden and NCAA, there is a moment when, despite the overwhelming buildup, my franchise/dynasty (or “frynasty”) becomes stale. It is inevitable. And I know I am not alone."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
I find myself with the same problems. Madden this year has been nothing more than Blah to me. NCAA looks promising for years to come with Online Dynasty, but the future looks a little more bleak for Madden. Online Franchises are a MUST, but before we have that we need the ability to replace owners. Without that one little feature, Online Leagues and Franchises are worthless unless you have a small number of dedicated players. In Madden, our 32 team Online League has failed due to people quiting, and not being able to replace them. My 12 team Fantasy Draft Online League has also failed because of one player quiting. The ability to replace owners is the single most needed feature needed.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
if you want everything to be exactly the same as real life, why bother playing a game? just watch real football. YOU'RE the variable, thats why your skill can make kyle orton throw for this crazy stats, as in that example.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Frynasty Tipping Point

I haven't even gotten into online dynasty play, for that matter i haven't even played a game online this year as of yet.

i'm totally in love with my dynasty, but maybe because at best i only get around 3-4 game per week in, sadly.....

i'm currently just entering my bowl game of my 2nd season, am like 9-3 overall, but like 5-3 in conference. my game plan is to improve on that, and looking back, i did simulate the Huskers 09 season schedule, and up front it is extremely easy, same with '10 season as well. i'm sure that sways my record.

I have to admit that defensively i am getting better and starting to really shut some teams down, but then again have my D-AWR set pretty high. Aiming to turn this down after this season, and boost the cpu D-AWR as well. Should keep things interesting for me for a while!

my first goal is still a big XII championship, and believe it or not, i can't even remembet when the last time i even stayed interested enough to become a national champ!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
great article, as I am using the bears in madden and went 8-8 in season one losing in the playoffs and went 13-3 in season two winning the superbowl. It is starting to get a little boring with the start of season three because on the field action had gotten easier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

In my opinion the problem is the CPU roster AI. They never seem to improve as much as me and the game becomes easier.

I'd love for dynasty/franchise to be a tough challenge.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Another reason dynasty/franchise tends to get too easy and boring is that after playing 30-40 games against the CPU you learn more of their tendencies and habits. Since AI does not "evolve" or adapt in NCAA, I have to force myself to not take advantage of certain known weaknesses to make the game more challenging.

My main dynasty in NCAA was with Temple and after winning back-to-back BCS bowl games and winning 30 out of the last 31 games, I decided to change to Florida State (my favorite team) who was coming off a couple of disappointing seasons. Without house rules, the game would be child's play even on Heisman. I've implemented a ton of recruiting and gameplay house rules and I must say that the experience has been very rewarding so far. I'm 3-2 in my first season with Florida State having lost to two ranked teams and feel like the game has new life.

My personal favorite dynasty house rules:
1. Cannot recruit players with 40yd dash times under 4.30 (any speed restricting rule is good)
2. Can only recruit players within pipeline states
3. CPU controls all punt returns (The punt coverage in this game is atrocious)
4. Cannot recruit out of state players who don't have school in preseason top 10 interest list

Without having some kind of house rule system, I think NCAA would have been used as a beverage coaster about 2-3 weeks ago.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

The CPU AI is terrible all-around this year. It's frustrating to see a CPU runner have a wide open lane but "ghost juke" so you catch up and tackle him. The CPU tries to lose IMO.

I agree that house rules are a MUST. Speed is broken in this game...well not broken but it makes the game extremely easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »