Home

Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden update information

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Good.

I'd rather them focus on on 2010. They never said we would get DLC anyway...remember that.
Nope, you're right. They just implied it, so that even more folks would be duped into buying the game during the month that it took them to say it wasn't coming out.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Good.

I'd rather them focus on on 2010. They never said we would get DLC anyway...remember that.
Not sure that I get this logic... Wasn't like working on downloadable content in Madden '08 affected Madden '09 negatively.

Either way, not sure how upset people can get about the announcement. Would seem there are bigger problems when the game needs to patch in things like accelerated clock and cpu sliders

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I can't help but wonder if people are making the DLC a bigger problem fixer than it really would've been. Yes, I know that Cpu sliders were highly touted and should've never been removed in the first place, but there are far more issues that the game has that DLC wouldn't have fixed.

*cpu playcalling
*boring atmosphere
*cpu punting in odd situations
*bare bones franchise mode
*odd progression/regression

As for cpu sliders, you can get them via the dummy profile system thats been talked about in the sliders forum extensively. Yes, you have to have a second controller, but is that really a bad thing if you don't have one already? I know someone is going to say, that they are then being forced to spend an extra x amount of dollars to make the game enjoyable, but what are the chances that the controller you have now was going to last forever anyways?

Just food for thought.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I couldn't be more disappointed AGAIN by EA, that is completely it for the football series for me.

I can now get rid of my CE "Completely Evil" edition and congratulate EA on celebrating there 20th year of Madden the crappiest way possible.

You have lost another customer and I truly hope this effects you guys in the worst way possible next year.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Not sure that I get this logic... Wasn't like working on downloadable content in Madden '08 affected Madden '09 negatively.

Either way, not sure how upset people can get about the announcement. Would seem there are bigger problems when the game needs to patch in things like accelerated clock and cpu sliders
Yeah, I guess you're right....this game was destined to be trash regardless of what they did. Let's call a spade a spade here....take away the graphics, and what do you really have??

A half-hearted, in many ways totally frustrating and arcade style game geared toward people who know little or nothing about football. So many things didn't work, or didn't work the way they were designed to, it was almost funny.

And EA's brilliant decisions to remove sliders (which if you remember, they kept hidden until someone leaked the info) and remove fatigue (with the explanation it was done to counter the no-huddle online, rather than make the offense fatigue and make errors) 1)shows that they really don't know what we want, or 2)just don't care.

And based on their decision to not release DLC, I'd guess it is number 2....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

The one last hope I had for Madden 09 - the CPU sliders - #$#!ing gone.
Thanks.
Why you guys chose to even give us hope on something like this is mind-boggling to me.
So I stupidly spend $90 CDN on Madden CE for the ps3, $70 CDN for Madden 09 on the 360 (to play some friends on the 360), find out the game pretty much sucks online ... so I hold out hope for some offline play, only to find out I'm gonna have to shell out $40-50 for another #$#!ing controller.
Again, thanks.

I don't mind feeling like a complete moron for something I've done drunk, but I bought these games cleanly sober.

Ugh.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 27

We really only needed CPU sliders. The rest of the stuff was kind of frivolous, especially the one with gamer pics... I was a bit puzzled by the need for a gamerpics feature in DLC when so many more important things needed attention.

I just wanna make a plea now that when you (and for God' s sake, you must) put working CPU Sliders back in the game, whatever you do please don't tout it as a new feature. In fact, it would be wise to just mention it very lightly in passing. And I mean that seriously--besides how the communities will make it the butt of jokes--for one good reason... it's one of those essentials that should've never been taken out in the first place. Like another poster said very well, it's kind of like having a high-priced car with no steering wheel.

We want a game that we can adjust, rather than one that attempts to tackle the impossibility of adjusting on its own to the fickle human nature.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Phil, I have to ask, WHY was the DLC scrapped, as we wre told by Ian over a month ago that the DLC was basically FINISHED. Why the sudden change of direction, except that you already made your money this year?

This astounds me, really, as there were MANY MANY people relying on the DLC to make their purchase of Madden this year even decently playable!! This really doesn't say much for the "new" dev teams dedication to its fans, IMO....seems like the same crap as the last 3 years....
I'd like to know this myself. I know nothing was promised, but this was as close as it came to a promise.
IMO, you guys should never have even mentioned a peep about DLC until you had a definitive answer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »