Home

NBA 2K9 PC Activation Key Issues...(Resolved)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 PC Activation Key Issues...(Resolved) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Beware:Missing CD key

So absolutely nobody here has gotten a CD key and has played their game?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Nope.

Also this crap does not prevent piracy. It only aggravates paying customers. I gotta put crap on my machine thats doing only God knows what in the background just to play a game I payed for. I am 2 minutes away from returning this thing.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
So absolutely nobody here has gotten a CD key and has played their game?
no one in America...from all indications the EU release went off without issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Same thing here, I opened my case up and there was no cd code, check the forums over at 2Ksports and people are screaming about this. I took my game back to Gamestop, told him the issue, he called the other 4 Gamestops in our county, and guess what, they checked the boxes and they are all missing cd keys. Its funny some of the people on the 2Ksports forums
were able to install the game, and complaining of bugs. I take it they did not get there copies from Gamestop. This stinks, way to let your your fanbase EA, oops mean 2K.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsullivan75
Same thing here, I opened my case up and there was no cd code, check the forums over at 2Ksports and people are screaming about this. I took my game back to Gamestop, told him the issue, he called the other 4 Gamestops in our county, and guess what, they checked the boxes and they are all missing cd keys. Its funny some of the people on the 2Ksports forums
were able to install the game, and complaining of bugs. I take it they did not get there copies from Gamestop. This stinks, way to let your your fanbase EA, oops mean 2K.
I guarantee you none of those people who were able to install the game have a copy of the US release of 2k9
Old 10-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

Are there any 2k guys that still frequent this forum that we can talk to?
Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #15
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Nope.

Also this crap does not prevent piracy. It only aggravates paying customers. I gotta put crap on my machine thats doing only God knows what in the background just to play a game I payed for. I am 2 minutes away from returning this thing.
STEAM is a great (and safe) piece of software, it's sole purpose isn't to prevent piracy, it also allows the developement team to install hotfixes and patches in a much more streamlined, timely, and convenient manner.

Atleast, that's the experience that I've had using the software on a daily basis with the handful of games that I've activated through STEAM.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 10-21-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I knew something would happen, not like this but I felt something would go wrong. I like this game but it has issues and I said to myself "How can I be so sure the PC version would not have issues like the console or even worse?" and boom here we go...

No CD-Key and for those that are playing it are saying there are some frame rate issues based on what I'm seeing at the 2k sports forum.

I will wait for a while before I make a purchase for the PC version. I don't hate 2k but because of the problems that's going on with the console versions, I rather be safe then sorry. I don't want to put my trust or money into something that doesn't work properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »