Home

NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC)

im mos def coppin tomorrow
Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #10
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I got it at Gamestop, most other stores should have it in stock tomorrow. Best Buy, Target, etc.
yes! i will be gettin it tomorrow then! thnx! Dead Space for the PC just came through Direct2Drive...im going to need to find the time to play all these...

oh Farcry 2 is close to...gah...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 15

Something to look forward to. I have the ps2 version and was actually satisfied with it except for the sonics being in still but I will definitely be getting the pc version now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm also blown away by the PC Graphics. On my system (e8400 3ghz,8800 gts, 4 gigs of ram) textures look incredible and super sharp at 1920X 1200! And the frame rates never skip a beat! The game almost feels like a new gen game ,but I'm comparing it to the 360 version on a standard def TV set.

One thing I have noticed though is that theres no cloth movement. Can some one confirm if this feature was left out on the PC? Or is there a setting somewhere to enable this? Would be a major let down for me if it was left out.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

how is playing with the keyboard? better than using 360 controller?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkevx
how is playing with the keyboard? better than using 360 controller?

Uh, I'm sure most of us are using controllers. I'm using a 360 controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingya
I'm also blown away by the PC Graphics. On my system (e8400 3ghz,8800 gts, 4 gigs of ram) textures look incredible and super sharp at 1920X 1200! And the frame rates never skip a beat! The game almost feels like a new gen game ,but I'm comparing it to the 360 version on a standard def TV set.

One thing I have noticed though is that theres no cloth movement. Can some one confirm if this feature was left out on the PC? Or is there a setting somewhere to enable this? Would be a major let down for me if it was left out.

You have to put the player details to Ultra High.

I love the game so far, just need to tweak the controls and find out if I can get the game to say the letters of the buttons rather than B1 B2 etc. I don't know what those are.

I also hope they fix some of the menus, because even with vsync off the menus run at 4FPS at times.

I only play on a dinky resolution but here is one screen I took quick.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingya

Do you have the settings on Ultra High? That is the setting you're supposed to put it at to see the movement. I have it on Ultra High and jerseys move, although I guess I'm not sure of what the specifics you're talking about. But I do see them move.

And either way, I mean a "major" letdown? Really? With how unbelievable the game looks already? It can't be that big of a deal...but like I said on Ultra High I see them move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sure it can be. Having static clothes this generations is a total kick in the pants. It totally takes away from the graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Do you have the settings on Ultra High? That is the setting you're supposed to put it at to see the movement. I have it on Ultra High and jerseys move, although I guess I'm not sure of what the specifics you're talking about. But I do see them move.

And either way, I mean a "major" letdown? Really? With how unbelievable the game looks already? It can't be that big of a deal...but like I said on Ultra High I see them move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »