Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed First Look Preview and Screenshots (Videogamer)

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed First Look Preview and Screenshots (Videogamer) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed First Look Preview and Screenshots (Videogamer)

I wish they would've kept the camera on the tv the whole time. The game looks sweet.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

The presentation looks great.

The gameplay looks... Questionable. They were just standing there nailing each other over and over with wide open shots and almost nothing happened except for that one knock down. It was looking more like a Rocky Movie game than a UFC game.

It would have also looked a lot better if when he scored that knockout; the player went to jump on him to finish it off. Instead he just stood there; which never really happens even in a clear knockout. The fighter always go to finish it off; it's up to the ref to stop him.

Hopefully, like they said, it's still pretty rough and things like that are being worked on.

The presentation looked really good, though.

edit: and to add, I think this game needs a really, really good create a fighter to really succeed too. It'll be fun setting up fights and all that and player as real fighters, but I really think they need to have a good system that lets players enter the UFC as rookies and work their way up.

They need to really let people pick their styles and strengths and weaknesses and the whole shebang.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 11-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

The game looks nice, but they should have use the sticks instead of button mashing like in the Fight Night series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Should've told him how to play first. Would've been nice to see take down but the graphics and presentation are VERY impressive. I hope they'll be able to get the proper entrance themes.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Custom sound tracks would be sick. I'm VERY excited for this game, since wrestling games are basically dead to me this game will pick up the slack...hopefully.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
New footage . The fighter models and the atmosphere looks top notch, but the gameplay still looks a little iffy. Still looking forward to it like no other game thats come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLRR.../mmamania.com/
The animations seemed pretty good, like the guy jumping on Brock after he was knocked down...obviously (and realistically) it won't all flow perfectly like a real fight, but it seemed to be doing the best with respects to collision detection and having so much going on.

Dana seemed to enjoy it, and that's important IMO. I think I've said in another thread about this game that the hardcore gamer (like people that visit here) will probably hate this game because it won't be a perfect representation of fighting and have "so many" glitches and issues that make it "impossible to play". If you just take it for what it is and let yourself have fun with it then it probably will be a fun game.

Last edited by mgoblue; 11-12-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I think people will enjoy it anyway because it's been so long since there's been a UFC game and even longer since there was decent one. The last good MMA game (in NA anyway) was Pride FC and there's the MMA mode in Fire Pro R but that's about it. It's not like Madden/The Show/2K/Smackdown where there'll be another one next year. They can probably take 2 years off on this one and just keep it up with DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #16
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I think people will enjoy it anyway because it's been so long since there's been a UFC game and even longer since there was decent one. The last good MMA game (in NA anyway) was Pride FC and there's the MMA mode in Fire Pro R but that's about it. It's not like Madden/The Show/2K/Smackdown where there'll be another one next year. They can probably take 2 years off on this one and just keep it up with DLC.
Yeah...I'm just saying that I see how hard people are on the Fight Night series, and I'm sure they'll be disappointed if they apply that level of toughness on this game. I just hope it doesn't end up super crappy like the TNA wrestling game, ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »