Home

MLB Baseball Community Press Release

This is a discussion on MLB Baseball Community Press Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #17
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB Baseball Community Press Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
[SCEA San Diego calls Shakedowncapo]

Kolbe: How would you like to lead the MLB community?
Shakedown: Geeeeee, I don't know...
Chris: What do you mean, you don't know? This is your chance to Community Lead!
Shakedown: Let me get back to you, will ya, Kolbe? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

you forgot to add the "in Lou Brown voice"
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #18
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Due to the number of pms I'm getting and some of the reply's in this thread let me clarify a couple of things.

mlblover15, ericjwm, Psychobulk, jim416, nemesis04, Rod_Carew29, Knight165, Pared and Pastapadre

Are the Community Leaders for MLB The Show for the foreseeable future. We may add one or two people before March, but It's not something I would bank on.

Everyone of the guys listed above fits the criteria we talked about in the press release. Which is why they are your representatives. They have been a tremendous help the team over the years and we are really exited to have all of them on board.

Also I'm not the one you need to convince or ask to get into the program. The next person or group of people that are added to the roster will be picked by you (the community) not us.

Our intentions is for the program to run and operate as organically as possible. We won't step in as "Big Brother" unless it's absolutely necessary. If you know of someone who might not be on our radar or who's at another site please by all means pm me.

I hope that clears some things up. If you have any other questions ask away.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #19
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

mlblover15, ericjwm, Psychobulk, jim416, nemesis04, Rod_Carew29, Knight165, Pared and Pastapadre
Thats a pretty good list of folks.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #20
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I see nobody in that group to stick up for the batting stance/pitching motion crowd...Who is willing to step up?!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #21
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I see nobody in that group to stick up for the batting stance/pitching motion crowd...Who is willing to step up?!
You are covered there with Rod_Carew29 and ericjwm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #22
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Carew is very good at finding stances that fit a player(When SCEA has messed up the sig one). I just need them to stay on SCEA to perfect the ones totally wrong. Can't wait to see what Chris has cooked up for '09.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Well, in all honesty I don't really know what this all means (in terms of commitment), but if it's a personal rendezvous kind of thing, I live in San Diego so that's a plus.

Not only that, but I do the best I can to make sure my voice is heard in that these games are given the proper adjustments to be better games overall. If you still need that batting stance kind of guy, all I do is mimic stances in front of the TV while watching games. Hell, I'd post them online (people on here know what I'm talking about ). I'll do what I can if selected.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 60

If you guys have any real, real concerns that you think might get overlooked PM us. Time is getting short and SCEA does come here and note what we say (baseball nuts that we are), Development time is getting shorter and shorter and the bottom line is we'd like EVERYTHING we've ever brought up fixed/included, but you guys know that might be a programming impossibility, but hitting I'm sure is at the forefront and I'm hoping the fielding problems with the animations, sliders that really, really work.

You know these guys are serious about this game and I bet they sit around jawing just like we do about it and what they can hopefully fix/improve, so let's get at it.

Danged, I'm ready to play ball already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »