Home

NBA 2K9 Dominates Basketball Sales (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Dominates Basketball Sales (Pasta Padre) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K9 Dominates Basketball Sales (Pasta Padre)

Excellent news for basketball gaming fans.

I think they marketed the game much better this season.

Example: here in OZ, they normally have the game out months late and, even then, one or two copies on the shelf somewhere way out back.

This year...they had the game out the same day as the USA...and the shelves were packed with the game / posters up / game located right in the middle of the display area.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #18
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Years of hardwork paying off. Watch EA try to buy the NBA license now!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #19
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

hm if EA did buy the NBA License..I really wouldnt be as upset as I was with NFL2K..but I'm glad that the better game has the sales to match..I wish it was that way with music now days
Old 11-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

NBA2k9 is the best marketing game ever for T2. Make a quality game add quality marketing equal to higher game sales. T2 use this formula with your football game.

Peace
Old 11-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 34
I bought Live this year and am happy with it. I passed on 2k for the 1st time since I saw Live going down the toilet after 04.

Competition is a wonderful thing. IT creates quality products, and happy consumers.

There wasnt a bad choice of hoops games this year, and I simply chose the one I liked better. That's all that really matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #22
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Excellent news for basketball gaming fans.

I think they marketed the game much better this season.

Example: here in OZ, they normally have the game out months late and, even then, one or two copies on the shelf somewhere way out back.

This year...they had the game out the same day as the USA...and the shelves were packed with the game / posters up / game located right in the middle of the display area.
Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised to casually walk into a JB Hi Fi on the 9th and finding the game right there, with plenty of boxes on display and a poster. They had it advertised for the 10th, and I was considering importing because of their previous history as you noted, so it was pretty awesome.

On topic: this is great news, but not totally unexpected since the shift in sales had started since 2k7 if I'm not mistaking. However, it is a surprise to see the game in the top sale charts considering all the awesome games coming out in these months, so congrats. I am enjoying 2k9 more than any other basketball game before, so I hope they continue to set the bar high in the future. Although the online stuff is inexcusable, they really need to sort these issues out pronto.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 14

I haven't bought 2k this year yet, don't know if I will because I'm pretty happy with Live, but congrats to 2k Sports!

First played the game on the Dreamcast (2k1, 2k2? can't remember), and I felt that it was something special. It's nice to see them rise from that point on and eventually overtake the competition in terms of sales. As a Business Management/Economics major, I can truly appreciate that.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

A year has never gone by without me buying NBA 2K.... 10 years strong baby....

www.youtube.com/mezy456 <---My NBA 2K/APF 2K8/HALO 3/ GEARS OF WAR/NEED FOR SPEED Montages

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »