Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Review within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #9
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Review

I am a gameplay guy...dont really care for the bells and whistles (dynasty, legacy, dunk contests, importing draft classes etc); and it seems that the one thing that EA got right (which they haven't done in a long time) is nail the gameplay.

And thus, I will be picking this game up for sure, but not ASAP unfortunately. And I dont think this site is biased toward 2K. I thionk 2K has been kicking EA's *** over the years, and the comments on this site, reviews may have reflected that. However, this year, EA seems to have amazingly closed the gap and is the better product, not because they are so awesome, but simply because 2K has taken a step back and allowed EA to close the gap. Just my opinion tho.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17
I disagree the gameplay is fair at best. I really don't see how they can feel good about releasing a game this bad after over 10 years. Why don't they focus on gameplay and then move on? This is just a mess everything feels like it was rushed and put about 2 weeks work into.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9
yes the game in not going to be and end dev sequence, but as long as most are close I am fine with with. I am look forward playing an a team have to be bobble teams league. It would work. well no major power schools and just talk about who is the best at the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
great review and good read. I am going to pick this up and honestly was going to do so regardless, since I liked the demo, but its nice to finally read a review for this game that actually tells you about the game.

Great job Chris!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Great read! I'll be picking this up after work.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I disagree the gameplay is fair at best. I really don't see how they can feel good about releasing a game this bad after over 10 years. Why don't they focus on gameplay and then move on? This is just a mess everything feels like it was rushed and put about 2 weeks work into.
I'll ask again, have you played the game?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #15
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Funny Chris mentioned St. Mary's with South Dakota St. and Wofford. St. Mary's is a Top 25 team and made the tournament last year. They certainly aren't one of the top programs in the country, but they aren't a lower tier Division I school either.

Anyway, the review was still pretty good and seemed real. It was a whole lot better than the IGN review.

Last edited by crques; 11-18-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Very good review. Seemed honest, realistic and unbias. The game isn't perfect but it's an improvement and a step in the right direction.

By far the best review we've seen on the Net so far, no shocker though.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »