Home

NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

We wanted to give you some details on what’s included in the patch. We listened to the community feedback very closely, and although we couldn’t get everything we wanted to in the patch due to size limitations (like beluba said earlier), we do think we’ve addressed some key issues.

* The reception of NCAA Basketball 09, from a gameplay perspective, has been really good. Part of the luxury of being on the same engine for our basketball franchises is that we can differentiate between the two, but through the patch process, we’re able to get some of the really good things that the NCAA Basketball 09 team did. We addressed a lot of the gameplay complaints that you guys had including tuning shooting percentages, both overall and in contact situations, so that you’ll have a more realistic shooting percentage outcome. We also made some quick strike ballhandling, analog passing (logic and receptions) and jostle improvements.

* The number one thing we were able to address was the responsiveness with block animations.

* We adjusted the skill level of OTP to All-Star, so with lowered shooting percentages and a higher skill level, you should have a much improved OTP experience. Speaking of OTP, you’re now able to see the “Scouting” tab to look at position leaders (not just the GMs). We bumped up the club search window to 60 seconds so that you’ll have a better opportunity to find a club to play against.

* You’re now also able to put headbands on NBA players, and the team color accessory bug has been fixed.

* Teams with alternate home jerseys are now wearing their HOME shoes instead of their away.

* There are other under the hood things included in the patch (like the autosave in FIBA mode now working) that we won’t go into, but we’re pretty confident that you’ll notice a difference in NBA LIVE 09.

Thanks for your support!

The NBA LIVE Dev Team

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Millennium; 11-26-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Official NBA Live 2009 Post Patch Discussion

I got it!! I'm impressed and the game seems very fluid. It's still live and not that different but you can notice a lot of small changes. I only played one game, but I noticed the fuzzy hair is gone now and the hair is now like NCAA lol. Gameplay and control seemed tighter. Passes are tightened up as well. Replays are smoother. I didnt really notice any difference in fast breaks, but next year. Percentages seemed about right and the cpu seemed to be more aggressive and smarter somewhat. The pcik and roll was almost overly effective post patch but it was only one game. I noticed new chants but it might have just been me. They seemed to happen more often or something. The physics just seemed better in general. The pace of the game is also faster and just more fluid. Overall I'm pleased. Both EA bball games are going to be so good next year but still a year away in certain aspects. But I will say with the patch Live and NCAA are the best bball games this year.

Last edited by Walker8; 11-26-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

ok i am officially retracting my post in the previous thresd that they MISS SHOTS..... THEY MAKE MORE

SOMEONE NEEDS TO PLAY THE LAKERS ON DEFAULT SUPERSTAR and report the stats.... kobe is UNSTOPPABLE

the game is much harder and MY guys miss alot more

but i am loving the smoothness OF THE ACTION.

looking foward to workin on sliders this weekend
Old 11-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Plays the same for me! The new "quick" blocking is great. The Free throws are really ridiculous! how could they possibly of made then easier than they were already? And I like that now I can finally add or take off headbands from players. But I hate how it will not take effect online. W/e, it didn't do a whole lot for me.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Ok now i got a chance with the patch on 360. wow.. what a HUGE difference in the "flow" of the game now...its just so much better. The controls feel so much better, more responsiveness is that word that keeps popping to mind while playing Live09 on 360 with this new patch...VERY responsive controls now. That was one thing that just bugged me even though i still preferred Live09 over 2k9 this year.. the tad sluggish controls really bugged me...it took alot for Live09 to win my loyalty for this year as im a HUGE 2k bball gamer..but yet i "always" keep an open mind to any other game..im not one of these pathetic biased fanboys that refuse to give the "other" game a fair chance...dont get me wrong, there's is nothing wrong with being a fan of a certain game from a certain company but you must always keep an open mind to videogames because 1 year is all it takes for the tide to change and Live09 in my honest opinion is living proof of that very tide changing...

Post Patch....NBA live09 "hands down" IS the best basketball videogame this year.... they just made too many positive changes this year and there's enough "freshness" there to back that up...with the addition of this patch now....my goodness, this is one fine game of bball.

Guys, seriously, this responsiveness is has been greatly refined which to me has just made NBA Live09 MUCH better... There's alot of other nice tweaks made here in the patch too.. basically everything EA said that was in the patch is "determinately" there and has indeed polished up the rough area's that were there from day1 release....

Nice job to these developers behind the Live09 Series...i must admit that you guys give EA a good name. Now i just hope these bro's over in the Tiburon Offices can how us this much improvement next year with Madden 2010..because its not too often you see a developer turn a crap game into something of a gem in just 1 year like the guys that developed this NBA Live09 game..compared to Live08..its a night & day difference....

PS there's a couple of other things i just witnessed lol but im not gonna comment on that until i play a bit more..but if my eye's were correct..i seen some "new" graphical overlay's here on the court... and a few other things related to the atmosphere and presentation but ...maybe it was because i havent had time to play many vid games in the last 3 weeks because of OT at work,etc...im sure someone will comment on this stuff if before i can get back and reply with what i think i saw..lol

Last edited by Moegames; 11-26-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Went back to All-star and default slider since the patch. Played 1 game against the Nets (Lakers) and totally destroyed them, so I guess it was pretty accurate, lol. We shot too high tho (57%). I'm gonna try and play the game from last week with the Suns and see how it pans out before I go back to super star and tweak sliders. I love this game tho. Hey Live guys you should try to upate the shoe colors in your 365 update as well. Some teams where white on the road now.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

The game is sick now, and the most realistic basketball game there is. No more cheap dunking or anything, the blocking is great, it's a lot smoother and all your shots you have to earn. Anyone who likes basketball would enjoy it now.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

So I got the PS3 patch last week in that small period of time that it was posted early...I have started Live up today and it didnt say anything about an update...am I good? Or do I need to delete some file to get the correct patch? It seems patched, but I read that it was "premature"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »